We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury Hotel/ Resort in Southern California?

Which Carlsbad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Luxury Hotel/ Resort in Southern California?

We are looking for a really lovely place to stay to celebrate our 10th anniversary, and first vacation without out children. Does anybody know of this place, preferably beachside, but not mandatory? We don't want to be in a big City, we spent time in Tokyo this year, and I am citied out. We are travelling Mid October, doing a few days in the Anzas Borego desert first.

We tried the Ritz in Laguna, but it was sold out, and the Four Seasons near Carlsbad sounds like a family resort, and the St. Regis got mixed reviews. Doesn't have to huge, just wonderful!

Help? Thoughts? Suggestions? Recommendations?

Carlsbad, CA
Destination Expert
for Carlsbad
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury Hotel/ Resort in Southern California?

The Four Seasons is not a family resort. The Four Seasons does not treat families like second-class citizens, but that does not make it a family resort. Most families that I know cannot afford the Four Seasons.

Four Seasons Aviara is a five-star resort with the incredible service that the Four Seasons is deservedly famous for providing. You might also try the Grand Del Mar - it is further from the ocean but it is incredible.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury Hotel/ Resort in Southern California?

I tend to agree with the above poster that Four Seasons Aviara is not particularly geared to families, but is oriented to a general clientele. The golf course there is a big attraction. It is not beach front, but they do offer a shuttle and other services to/at the beach, which I believe is a state beach.

If you would like beachfront, consider the Hotel Del Coronado see tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32250-d125137-…

3. Re: Luxury Hotel/ Resort in Southern California?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 13:22