We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

must try restaurants near Park Hyatt Aviara Carlsbad

Which Carlsbad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
Level Contributor
125 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
must try restaurants near Park Hyatt Aviara Carlsbad

The 3 of us (my husband, goldendoodle and I) will be staying at the Park Hyatt in Carlsbad mid Sept for 4 nights. We are searching for really good local restaurants in the area.

Because it won't be hot during our stay, we could leave our dog in the car (with the moon roof open) during our dinner but we would prefer to find an outdoor patio which is pet friendly.

Could you recommend any great restaurants we should try? We don't want fine dining but in search of some really good meals. Do you have any comments about King's Fish House, Vigilucci Seafood or La Especial Norte?

Also, while my husband plays golf each day, Maddy and I will be on our own to explore the surrounding areas. She does not need to run on a beach or need special exercise in a dog park. Are Carlsbad and Encintas good destinations for us to wander streets on our own?

So. Cal
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: must try restaurants near Park Hyatt Aviara Carlsbad

GoldenJudy mid September is usually our hottest season, especially when Indian Summer arrives so plan on having Maddy with you at all times and plenty of water on hand.

I know you mentioned she doesn't need a park or beach to play at, but if you run out of things to do in North County one of the best places in San Diego with a dog is leashless Dog Beach in Ocean Beach. Some days there are more dogs than owners and it's a blast watching all of them have the time of their lives! In town on Voltaire is the charming O'Bistro Cafe where you'll find plenty of pups dining and the lobster bisque is excellent.

You're going to find San Diego is one of the most pet friendly cities out there- one of the reasons we spend so much there. IF you plan on heading to San Diego proper you'll find an endless supply of great dog friendly dining.

As for King's Fish House, no dogs are allowed on the patio, but I'm addicted to their trout Cajun style! Hopefully, one of these days I'll try something else on the menu but I start salivating for it before I get there. LOL

Have a great time in puppy land!

You can always head to Carlsbad Outlet with Maddy for shopping too!

Encinitas, CA
Destination Expert
for Encinitas
Level Contributor
553 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: must try restaurants near Park Hyatt Aviara Carlsbad

LOL, GoldenJudy, I know exactly what you mean about getting "yelled at" when you mention traveling with your dog here on TA!! I hope you enjoy your visit to our very dog-friendly area.

By the way, if you decide you want to take Maddy to an off-leash beach, Dog Beach in Del Mar is much closer than OB and is great!

13. Re: must try restaurants near Park Hyatt Aviara Carlsbad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:09