We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Suggestions for Nice Dinner Restaurants in Carlsbad?

Which Carlsbad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orange Co., CA
Level Contributor
185 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Any Suggestions for Nice Dinner Restaurants in Carlsbad?

Would like anything except seafood & Indian food in the high moderate range. Any decent steakhouses?

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,270 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Suggestions for Nice Dinner Restaurants in Carlsbad?

We were recently in Carlsbad, and drove to Del Mar to Ruth's Chris Steak House for dinner, just off the freeway. It was delicious!

ruthschris.com/Steak-House/…20Mar

Orange Co., CA
Level Contributor
185 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Suggestions for Nice Dinner Restaurants in Carlsbad?

I appreciate your suggestion, but there are many Ruth's Chris everywhere (or nearly everywhere). I was looking to stay in Carlsbad & try something new.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,128 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Suggestions for Nice Dinner Restaurants in Carlsbad?

The Park Hyatt has some good restaurants but I would not use the word moderate for them. Perhaps the CA bistro would be more resonable but you can check out the menus and decide if you want to go

Edited: 23 May 2012, 16:06
San Diego...
Level Contributor
803 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Suggestions for Nice Dinner Restaurants in Carlsbad?

Vigilucci's Seafood and Steakhouse (yes there is seafood here....but also steak!....Italian inspired..right on the ocean), Bistro West, BlueFire Grille @ La Costa Resort and Spa, Twenty/20 Grille and Wine Bar....all these are on the pricey side but depending on what you order, you can keep it in the high moderate. Also, check out Del Mar/Encinitas for other options.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Suggestions for Nice Dinner Restaurants in Carlsbad?

Karl Strauss Brewery has a very nice menu.

www.karlstrauss.com/PAGES/Eats/Carlsbad.html

Orange Co., CA
Level Contributor
185 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Suggestions for Nice Dinner Restaurants in Carlsbad?

Thank you for your reply but we already went about 3 weeks ago.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any Suggestions for Nice Dinner Restaurants in Carlsbad?

Casa de Bandini on Calle Barcolona & El Camino, just south of the La Costa Glen Retirement center. http://www.bazaardelmundo.com/bandini/

The Counter at the same area as the above restaurant. There is one near me in Westlake Village and it's pretty good. The one in Carlsbad is identicaL. http://www.thecounterburger.com/CarlsbadCA/

Tip Top Meats. Not only a butcher and store but they have a failrly good restaurant attached to it in the back. Click on the dinner menu on the link and see if something sounds good. Old Country hearty food. On the way out get one of the meter long cherry or berry strudels. http://tiptopmeats.com/default.aspx

Vigilucci's (previously mentioned) is a very good choice also.

Dr. Z

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,270 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any Suggestions for Nice Dinner Restaurants in Carlsbad?

Thank you for letting us know your trip was several weeks ago. Where did you end up dining that evening?

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
6 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any Suggestions for Nice Dinner Restaurants in Carlsbad?

There are some great places in Carlsbad!

I'd first suggest Paon in Carlsbad Village. It is California/French with a varied menu and a great wine list and has a nice outdoor dining option. Vigilucci's Steak and Seafood (already mentioned) is terriffic, too, notable for it's great ocean view patio and is part of a local chain (note: there is another Vigilucci's in Carlsbad Village that serves Italian, while the Steak and Seafood Vigilucci's is on Pacific Coast Highway).

Further afield, I'd suggest Q'ero in Encinitas (about 10-15 minutes south along the gorgeous Pacific Coast Highway) for amazing Peruvian Food in an intimate, fine dining atmosphere.

I know you've already enjoyed your trip, so hopefully this will help others that may read this thread or help you on your next trip!

10. Re: Any Suggestions for Nice Dinner Restaurants in Carlsbad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:17