We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carlsbad area Thanksgiving

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
132 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Carlsbad area Thanksgiving

In town at Aviara Residence with married son and daughter-in-law. Where would you go for Thanksgivng? Doesn't have to be traditional

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
51,975 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carlsbad area Thanksgiving

why not go to the Park Hyatt at one of their restaurants ? It is not cheap but it would be a nice walk or shuttle ride and you don't have to drive.

So.Cal
Level Contributor
342 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carlsbad area Thanksgiving

You might want to look at 333 Pacific in Oceanside, right at the foot of the pier. I'm pretty certain they had Thanksgiving dinner last year. It would be a nice, leisurely drive up the coast a bit, and they have excellent food and a great view. Check their reviews (one of them mine!). You can make reservations through Open Table.

Coronado, California
Level Contributor
78 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carlsbad area Thanksgiving

Since I lived in Cbad for almost 20 yrs, I have some suggestions in the area:

Bistro West is delicious w/diverse menu or its sister restaurant West (more expensive)

333 Pacific, as Kartgv suggested, is a great choice, plus fun to walk the pier etc.

Ruth's Chris in Del Mar has excellent food and service (a splurge tho and 20 min drive)

The restaurants at Aviara are very good also.

Enjoy Carlsbad!

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carlsbad area Thanksgiving

Your staying at a pretty nice place and they have great restaurants. I'm sure they have a Holiday dinner on the menu.

La Costa Resort serves a very nice Thanksgiving dinner. You will need to reserve early.

Have fun in Carlsbad!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carlsbad area Thanksgiving

The new Hilton (Chandler's) will more than likely have a special Thanksgiving Day meal.

http://chandlerscarlsbad.com/

Carlsbad, CA
Destination Expert
for Carlsbad
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carlsbad area Thanksgiving

A second vote for Thanksgiving at La Costa Resort & Spa. It isn't cheap but it is a very nice resort.

For a really low cost (but lots of decent food) Thanksgiving meal try Tip Top in Carlsbad.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
132 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carlsbad area Thanksgiving

Thanks to all. I had an email from Aviara after I posted and they do IN Villa dining and have a whole turkey with choices for sides and desserts that they will deliver to the condo. I will let you know how it goes.....but after cooking Thanksgiving for years, I think I could get used to this!

8. Re: Carlsbad area Thanksgiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 00:17