We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 day legoland stay w/ 7 year old grandson.....need car?

East Bay, Northern...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
2 day legoland stay w/ 7 year old grandson.....need car?

Flying into San Diego, staying at Hyatt House Carlsbad . Have 2 day legoland tix. Hotel has shuttle that will go 5 miles, so that will get us to Legoland, Do We need to rent a car or can we make do, and just grab a shuttle from the airport to Carlsbad.? Any recommendations for shuttle services? Are they reliable? Travel party is 3 adults and 1 child. Thank you.

1. Re: 2 day legoland stay w/ 7 year old grandson.....need car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 June 2013, 18:05
2. Re: 2 day legoland stay w/ 7 year old grandson.....need car?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 June 2013, 18:05
Carlsbad, CA
Destination Expert
for Carlsbad
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 day legoland stay w/ 7 year old grandson.....need car?

If you want your vacation to be nothing than time spent in the hotel and Legoland then your plan is fine. Otherwise you are going to need a car.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 day legoland stay w/ 7 year old grandson.....need car?

Well, within 5 miles of the Hyatt House is the Carlsbad Premium Outlets, multiple beaches, and I think Old Town Carlsbad is also within the limit.

http://visitcarlsbad.com/

Also a COASTER Commuter train station is within the 5 mile limit, so if the OP wants to go elsewhere, they can visit without a car.

arizona
Level Contributor
129 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 day legoland stay w/ 7 year old grandson.....need car?

Personally, after just having visited the park, I'd suggest you buy your grandson a cool Lego kit, and go to the beach. Really, save your money. Huge disappointment. Rides were for little kids (your grandson might even find the lame) Place was dirty and dull, the cool lego sculptures were old and faded and after you see them thery isn't much else to do. Gift shops sell junk, resturants over priced. Really San Diego is a fantastic place to play. Spend your time and money somewhere else for two days!

Bakersfield
Level Contributor
491 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 day legoland stay w/ 7 year old grandson.....need car?

Having been going to Carlsbad for several years I have some opinions. Most 7 year old boys will love Legoland. When I took our son and a friend they were 11 and pushing the age, and they knew it. (My wife and her mother went to the horse races at Del Mar) The boys did have a good time, but when they were 12 they said they were too old for Legoland. I like Sea World and the San Diego Zoo, but tolerated Legoland because the boys wanted to go there. I would really recommend Sea World and the Zoo, the boys have loved it and they also love the Carlsbad Beach. There is also a waterpark in Vista called the Wave that we have enjoyed.. Remember Legoland is for the kids, most 10 and under should have a good time. Some older ones may like it too.

7. Re: 2 day legoland stay w/ 7 year old grandson.....need car?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 05:16