We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Legoland Hotel

Which Carlsbad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
oman
Level Contributor
66 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Legoland Hotel

Hi, can anyone suggest a reliable car service from the airport to the Legoland hotel please? We are a family of 6 with a 2 year old, will he need to have a car seat? Or is is easier to get two taxi's? thanks

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Legoland Hotel

Which airport? Carlsbad has a small commuter Airport, or are you talking about San Diego Lindbergh Field (SAN), or one of the Southland's airports, such as LAX.

Your two year old will need a car seat by law, and taxi's do not offer them.

Plenty of companies will bring one at no or little charge if you arrange for the transit in advance.

So you will want a private Van/town car.

So which airport are you arriving at?

oman
Level Contributor
66 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Legoland Hotel

thanks, we are arriving at SAN.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Legoland Hotel

OK, that is very helpful.

I have not used any of these companies, but here are some companies that advertise a fixed rate from Lindbergh Field to Carlsbad, and will provide a Car Seat. You usually have to call after picking up your luggage either with a cell phone, or there are actually pay phones still at the airport.

http://www.advancedshuttle.com/FAQS.html

http://www.sdpromlimo.com/

http://www.seallimo.com/faq.html

Hope that helps.

Carlsbad, CA
Destination Expert
for Carlsbad
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Legoland Hotel

Why would you not rent a car? For the price of the shuttle searvice each way you can get a car for 2-3 days.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Legoland Hotel

Not everyone has a Drivers License, and even if they do, many folks on vacation don't want to drive in foreign countries.

Plus with a rental car, you have to worry about parking fees, gas, etc....

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,479 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Legoland Hotel

I would agree that you should rent a car at SAN and use that to travel around San Diego County. besides legoland, you can go to the beach and to other parts of san diego in a more convenient way or you will have to find vehicles that will fit your kids with seats or go in a bus.

I see from another post that you are renting a car in another State.

Carseat laws -- Please check the Top Questions in the Ca forum. there is an article on carseats.

To the poster from tustin. Yes true not everyone has a license or want to drive, but in this case looks like the OP does have a license and is driving in another state so perhaps one can give them the advice and they can look at the different options. That is the difference between google and a forum. We can give people options and they can decide which one works best for them

Edited: 30 July 2013, 06:30
oman
Level Contributor
66 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Legoland Hotel

thanks so much for taking the time to reply. We had thought of renting but because we were going to be at legoland for three nights first i thought it might be a waste of money with the car just sitting in the carpark. But saying that we did think about renting when we go into San Diego for the remainder of the week so you have given me something to think about. With 4 small kids and a few bags its all about what is easist. thanks again

oman
Level Contributor
66 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to Legoland Hotel

thanks will search the thread on the carseat laws.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,479 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to Legoland Hotel

i think 2 full days would be enough to see all the parks but sure 3 days why not with kids. The parks are not open at night so you may want to go around town -- go to the beach or to the stores or out for dinner and a van in your case may come in handy.

oman
Level Contributor
66 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport to Legoland Hotel

thanks , we wanted two full days and we dont arrive until the evening so I hope we made a good choice with the three nights, will look into a van, thanks for your time.