We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legoland Hotel worth it?

Alaska
10 posts
Save Topic
Legoland Hotel worth it?

We are planning to be at Legoland March 2 and 3 (and going to Disney after). I called the Legoland Resort today and was quoted a price of $352 for the first night and $297 for the second, plus $250 for a two day hopper pass for our family of four. Is it just me or does this seem incredibly high? Is there a better way to experience the park? We had planned to stay at the Legoland Hotel because we are not staying in Disney when we visit several days later and thought this would be a more cost effective way to experience the "full meal deal".

Thank you!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legoland Hotel worth it?

The TA Hotel site, using third party resellers is showing $269 per night for the basic option, but something to check out.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32171-d3595698…

Just type in your specific dates of visit, I would opt for checking in on the 1st so you can relax, but also take advantage of early entry the next day. Then drive to Anaheim after the full day on the 3rd, drive is about 60-90 minutes, and most of the trip is using carpool lanes.

I gave you the option of the Sheraton Carlsbad with a lower price point, but still with a private entry to the main Theme Park.

Please spend some time and read many of the recent reviews I gave you in the other thread to help you decide if it is "worth" it. The LEGOLAND Hotel is a great Hotel for kids, and for many, worth the splurge. But it is your family, and more importantly, your wallet.

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Legoland Hotel worth it?

In a word - no.

There's much better options available at substantially less cost. Google map the park and look for alternatives using the Expedia or Travelocity function for searching for a hotel from a particular address. You are coming in early March - so a beach location isn't logical. It will most likely be very cool/foggy in early March as well, but that's summer weather for Alaskans! :)

Also - 2 days at the park is way too much time. You can do the park in day with 8/10 year olds.

Also, my experience as a mother of 3, your 10 year old will be bored within 4 hours max. The park is really geared to the younger kids.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
51,996 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Legoland Hotel worth it?

Agree with meadowlark. 10 year olds may not find the park cool enough and I day is enough. The only caveat is if the kids are big Lego fans .

The hotel is fairly new so it all depends on your viewpoint about something being worth it . Check the reviews here on TA

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,972 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Legoland Hotel worth it?

If you are really into Legos and Legoland is a big priority.... sure...

Personally I'd rather be close to the beach and Carlsbad Village (like Tamarack Resort), but I am not into Legos and thank God my grand kids can't pick hotels.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Legoland Hotel worth it?

I agree with the others. Stay near the beach and visit LEGOLAND. (I cannot believe my version of IE automatically capitalizes that ... how odd.)

Anyway, I'd suggest staying closer to the beach and doing L'land one day and chilling out on the other.

San Marcos, CA
Level Contributor
260 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Legoland Hotel worth it?

My family has stayed at the hotel (though during the off-season so it was about half the price) and I wouldn't pay full price to stay there. It was fun for the kids and exciting to be in the new hotel...they do have fun activities for the hotel guests to participate in throughout the evening, but I think $352 is ridiculous. Spring Break pricing seems to be already in effect for the time frame you want.

7. Re: Legoland Hotel worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 05:17