We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Needing some help on accomodations please!

Fair Oaks...
Level Contributor
89 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Needing some help on accomodations please!

Breaking it down:

B&B or Inn/hotel is fine

Does not need to be dog friendly

Under $225 a night

Somewhere in the heart of town (Carmel by the Sea)

I've looked into Hofsas House, Carmel Lodge & Dolphin Inn. None of them seem that great and I've read mixed reviews. What would be my best bet in my price range? Doesn't have to be too big but MUST be clean & charming =)

Thanks for any help you can offer me!

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,381 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Needing some help on accomodations please!

Hi. If you give us your dates, that will help a lot since rates and availability vary so much with the season and with special events. In the meantime, check out Sea View Inn, Lamplighter Inn, Vagabond's House Inn, Carmel Wayfarer Inn and Monte Verde Inn.

Fair Oaks...
Level Contributor
89 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Needing some help on accomodations please!

It will be Sept 3 - 5 or 6th. Labor Day weekend =) And thank you for your recommendations. I'll check them out.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,381 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Needing some help on accomodations please!

Thanks for the info. That's definitely a busy time, so book as soon as you can. I think my recommendations still hold. Sea View Inn is probably the least expensive of the ones I mentioned. The service there is good, and it's closest to the beach. Lamplighter has only one room in your price range, and it's small but very cute. I toured the inn last year and thought the room was very cozy and bright. The service there is also good. The others are all good and well-located--somewhat farther from the beach but closer to center of town. It's a small town, and you can walk everywhere from any of these B&Bs. I checked the two full-service hotels, and Cypress Inn was above your price range, and La Playa Hotel was already booked. They are both nice, but the B&Bs are really charming and will give you a special experience. Please ask any other questions you have.

Fair Oaks...
Level Contributor
89 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Needing some help on accomodations please!

Thank you for all your help. I ended up going with Monte Verde Inn. I like the location and she gave me a REALLY good deal! The best I could find for what I get. (fireplace, ocean view, wine reception, breakfast, etc.)

Can't wait!

Level Contributor
36,329 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Needing some help on accomodations please!

Monte Verde Inn sounds really nice, please report back after your stay on how you liked it! Carmel is a beautiful area to spend time in, this website is nice for the area: www.carmelcalifornia.com Have fun! :)

Grasonville...
Level Contributor
379 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Needing some help on accomodations please!

You will enjoy the Monte Verde Inn! We were there 3 nights just last week. For us ther had the best value in town, along with a very cozy room.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,381 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Needing some help on accomodations please!

Good choice! The location is great, too--very convenient to everything. Have a great trip.

8. Re: Needing some help on accomodations please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2010, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Carmel
Recent Conversations