We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog friendly hotel in Carmel for this week??

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Woodstock, Illinois
Level Contributor
182 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Dog friendly hotel in Carmel for this week??

Would like a hotel in Carmel to stay one night this weekend. We are in town with family in Sacramento area and want to drive down for the night. We have a small 3 pound Yorkie that needs to travel with us. Any suggestions on a hotel. Just need something clean, hopefully, priced in the low $100's, and near the shopping and beach. Any suggestions? I have found a Best Western that is around $140 that gets good reviews but they do not allow pets.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog friendly hotel in Carmel for this week??

Hi. You've got a tall order: holiday weekend, one night, low $100s. In Carmel, low $100s is not going to happen on a holiday weekend, and most lodging in Carmel will require a minimum stay of two nights. I looked at some places I know of, and they were either booked or required two nights.

So, are you coming on Friday or Saturday? Will you consider a motel in Monterey? There are some that are clean and comfortable in neighborhoods that are fine, but may require driving to the beach and shops. I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything, but it's critical to know which night you plan to be here.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog friendly hotel in Carmel for this week??

Look at Monterey Bay Lodge. They have pet-friendly rooms for between $129 and $139. It's a nice, comfortable place within walking distance of the beach (not Carmel Beach, alas, but still the beach). Close to the Wharf as well. It's near a busy street, but not on it. Across the street from Lake El Estero. Heated pool. I put in July 2 for one night and got those rates. It's a quick trip to Carmel--10 minutes or less if you get on Hwy 1 South.

Woodstock, Illinois
Level Contributor
182 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog friendly hotel in Carmel for this week??

Sorry, guess I forgot to put the day down. I am really looking at staying one night - this Wednesday night. I found a Best Western for one night for $134 with AAA but would really rather not leave the dog with relatives she does not know. Thanks for your suggestions!

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog friendly hotel in Carmel for this week??

OK. You had said "this weekend," but Wednesday should be OK for Carmel. Some places charge a pet fee (usually around $30), so you'll have to add that onto the room rate. Try Hofsas House Inn (read the reviews--some are excellent, some not so much); Carmel Garden Court Inn (again, read the reviews)--rate around $150; Coachman's Inn (gets good reviews). They showed a rate of $138. Good luck!

5. Re: Dog friendly hotel in Carmel for this week??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2010, 08:56