We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Normandy Inn, Colonial Terrace Inn, San Antonio House Inn

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Normandy Inn, Colonial Terrace Inn, San Antonio House Inn

I think I am finally narrowing down my selection for a 2 or 3 night stay next June.

We want to be walking distance to both beach and shops/restaurants.

Normandy Inn, Colonial Terrace and San Antonio House Inn fit the bill...which one would choose??

on-site parking is a must.

Thanks

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Normandy Inn, Colonial Terrace Inn, San Antonio House Inn

As far as location goes, I like Normandy Inn the best because it's a good location for both shops and restaurants and the beach. You should know, though, that lower section of Ocean Ave.--the part closest to the beach--is somewhat steep, so walking back to town from the beach is a climb. If you have no special disability that makes walking hard, though, it's doable. Colonial Terrace is closest to the beach but farthest from downtown--almost a mile, I believe. San Antonio House is the farthest from the beach and a reasonable distance from shops, etc. I didn't check the websites re: parking. Have you checked?

Edited: 07 October 2010, 03:51
Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Normandy Inn, Colonial Terrace Inn, San Antonio House Inn

I concur with PGDenizen. Of the properties you list, Normandy Inn is really the only place that fits your requirement. Normandy is directly between the business district and beach, so it's perfectly situated. San Antonio is on the far side of the business district, and Colonial Terrace is in a relatively remote residential area. You might also consider the Lamp Lighter Inn, which is next door to Normandy.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Normandy Inn, Colonial Terrace Inn, San Antonio House Inn

Thank you..the steep walk is not an issue as we are hikers...infact my better half will be hiking Half-Dome in Yosemite a few days after our stay in Carmel.

I will look at Lamplighter as well.

Level Contributor
34,465 posts
889 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Normandy Inn, Colonial Terrace Inn, San Antonio House Inn

Lobos Lodge is another one that is very close to the beach and is located in downtown Carmel, central to shops and restaurants. It gets very good press on this and other sites. www.carmelcalifornia.com Enjoy! :)

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Normandy Inn, Colonial Terrace Inn, San Antonio House Inn

Yes, missed Lobos Lodge...definately a possibility as well. Normandy is running a stay 2 night, get the third night free...I am attracted to this offered as it gives us another day.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Normandy Inn, Colonial Terrace Inn, San Antonio House Inn

3 nights on the Monterey Peninsula would be like Goldilocks: it's just right!

Enjoy!

7. Re: Normandy Inn, Colonial Terrace Inn, San Antonio House Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2011, 06:21