We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family accommodations in/near Carmel

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
family accommodations in/near Carmel

Hello. We are family of 4 looking for accommodations in or near Carmel. We do not necessarily need to be in the town of Carmel. I would not mind that, but it is certainly not essential. We plan to use it as a base for seeing Carmel, Pt. Lobos, Big Sur, Santa Cruz, etc. Most important: we want a suite or a two bedroom place or something like that, so we are not all squeezed into a single room. Looking to spend around $200 a night - something like that. Less would be great. More would be OK if it is really worth it. I would appreciate any suggestions.

By the way, we have never been to Santa Cruz. What's it like? Is it an easy day trip from Carmel area? Worth doing?

Thanks!

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family accommodations in/near Carmel

You don't say when you're coming, and that affects both price and availability. My top recommendation for you is Andril Fireplace Cottages in Pacific Grove. Nice location in a treed area within walking distance of Asilomar Beach. An easy drive to all the other places on the Peninsula--Carmel, Monterey, Point Lobos, etc.

USA
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family accommodations in/near Carmel

Thanks. We are coming in mid-April. One place I was looking at is Adobe Inn, in Carmel. It has a 2-BR suite. Any thoughts on this place? (I did read the TA reviews -- any other thoughts?)

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family accommodations in/near Carmel

Adobe Inn is a nice place, and it's in a good location for walking around town. Offhand, the places I know of with suites are very pricey, but I'll do some checking and see what I can find.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family accommodations in/near Carmel

A few to look into:

briarwood-inn-carmel.com/units_and_rates/ind…

fireplaceinncarmel.com/units_and_rates/index…

ibts-dolphininn.com/index.cfm/guest_rooms.htm

These are all over $200 but still under $300

5. Re: family accommodations in/near Carmel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 09:24