We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is March a good time to visit Carmel?

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
265 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Is March a good time to visit Carmel?

Want to visit Carmel and the Aquarium in Monterrey and hike the Big Sur etc. Is march a good time to plan to go..Also has any one stayed recently at the Pine Acres Lodge in Pacific Grove. I wanted to put in a request with interval to stay there. Is there a better month to visit?

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is March a good time to visit Carmel?

There's nothing wrong with March. The weather can be a little fickle. Rain is still likely, but so is sparkling spring weather. It's a transitional period, weather wise, and the changes that occur makes for some of the most spectacular sunsets of the year.

Traffic-wise, you'll avoid the worst tourist traffic which comes during spring break and summer.

It's a good time to be here.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,204 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is March a good time to visit Carmel?

I just booked a little March getaway to Monterey, myself. I'll take whatever weather comes that way. There's never a bad time to visit.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,367 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is March a good time to visit Carmel?

I don't have firsthand knowledge of Pine Acres Lodge. But I can tell you that the area is safe, pleasant and convenient. There really is no lodging in Pacific Grove that I'd call upscale, but most are clean and comfortable.

4. Re: Is March a good time to visit Carmel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2012, 14:16