We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobos Lodge vs Colonial terrace Inn

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Lobos Lodge vs Colonial terrace Inn

For those who know both properties...if you had your choice of Lobos Lodge and Colonial Terrace Inn, which would you choose?

Looking to be walking distance to town and beach.

Thanks

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lobos Lodge vs Colonial terrace Inn

addendum...

I saw a great rate at Colonial, comparable to the Lobos Lodge room I have already secured. I just went back to read reviews of Colonial and have decided to keep my Lobos Lodge reservation.

My decision came from reading the "management responses" to some of the negative reviews. I get turned off when I read reviews and management comes back and is defensive and in some cases not respectful of the reviewer's point of view. That is just not professional.

Level Contributor
35,226 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lobos Lodge vs Colonial terrace Inn

Lobos Lodge is in a fantastic location, very close to the beach and walking distance to all of the shops, restaurants and art galleries. We were in Carmel last Sat., enjoyed a really nice dinner at Anton & Michel went through some of the art galleries, it was the Festival of the Arts there last weekend. Enjoy your time in Carmel and let us know if you would like dining recs! :)

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lobos Lodge vs Colonial terrace Inn

Thanks, Syrah.

I think we are good with restaurants at this time. As on all of our road trips we will do some deli shopping and have a cooler for lunches and snacks. Breakfasts will be included at the lodge, although it is just continental..

We are thinking...3 nights/3 Dinners:

1. Nepenthe for a sunset dinner

2. Mission Ranch for a (nother) treat

3. Red House Cafe in Pacific Grove (we have a restaurant.com gift certificate)

Edited: 22 May 2011, 18:25
Level Contributor
35,226 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lobos Lodge vs Colonial terrace Inn

Red House in PG is a great choice! We also loved our meal at Fandango, they make really good Paella there. :)

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lobos Lodge vs Colonial terrace Inn

Thanks for the tip..our restaurant choices are not etched in stone . Its not good to etch things in stone when on vacation ;)

carmel
Level Contributor
128 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lobos Lodge vs Colonial terrace Inn

Had dinner at Red House last night. Love that place, Just to note; Cash only.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lobos Lodge vs Colonial terrace Inn

Ohh...cash only. That is good to know. Thanks for the tip!

8. Re: Lobos Lodge vs Colonial terrace Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2012, 06:18