We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carmel mission inn

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Carmel mission inn

My husband and I are travelling from England to San Fransisco to La in July.

We have booked at the Carmel Mission Inn for 2 nights

having read the recent reports we are concerned about staying there

Can anyone recommend somewhere elae to stay?

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carmel mission inn

I took a look at the Mission Inn's website to see what their rates are, and it seems they are between $170 and $200. Is that the rate you were planning to pay? In that range, you might consider the Lobos Lodge in Carmel, which gets very good reviews. Also, in Pacific Grove, I like the Andril Fireplace Cottages--you can get a self-contained cottage (studio or one-bedroom) in the $200 range. It's close to the beach, and Pacific Grove is a pretty, quaint town.

plymouth,england
Level Contributor
27 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carmel mission inn

I've stayed in the Carmal mission inn twice over the years and havent encounted any problems.I find it to be a sweet little hotel.

Level Contributor
34,748 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carmel mission inn

We have had a couple of Sunday brunches here. I love the property. Spacious grounds with sheep grazing in the pastures, views of the ocean from the outside patio, quaint farmhouses, etc. Convenient to the Carmel Mission and just a bit off of the main road, so you feel like you really have your privacy.

La Playa is very nice if you want to stay closer to Carmel proper and the ocean. This is a historic property with lots of charm, a swimming pool and a very good restaurant on-site. Have fun in Carmel! :)

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
871 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carmel mission inn

I and aquaintences have been treated rudely there but that was more than 6 years ago, at brunch. We agreed that it seemed to be predudice issues.

Walnut Creek...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carmel mission inn

Are we talking about the Best Western Carmel Mission Inn, or

the Mission Ranch? Two different properties. Syrahgirl describes the Mission Ranch with the sheep grazing in the pasture, and close to the mission - it is a sprawling property that was bought by Clint Eastwood when he was mayor, the historic buildings lovingly restored. The BW Carmel Mission Inn is motel-like and next to the Barnyard shopping center.

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
871 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carmel mission inn

I was talking about the one owned by Clint

Maui, HI
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Carmel mission inn

What were your concerns, Scholes? The Mission Inn is continuously booked up and has good rates. It's within walking distance to some fun shopping and restaurants but not within walking distance to downtown Carmel. Did you see photos from their website (if any) to see what it looks like?

It appears that what is status quo for Syrahgirl, she once again got her places mixed up, is not a resident, has never stayed at the Mission Inn or the Mission Ranch but comments, anyway.

What other properties were you considering?

8. Re: Carmel mission inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 04:19