We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday dinner, Flying Fish Grill, and Sunset Center

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
879 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Birthday dinner, Flying Fish Grill, and Sunset Center

I had a wonderful birthday in Carmel on 6/30/06. We went to the Flying Fish Grill located in the Carmel Plaza. Everything was outstanding, and afterwards, regular food did not taste good to me.

I had the oysters appetizer, delicate small ones, fried with a ginger sauce for dipping. For the main corse I had the seabass with almonds, just very good. And for dessert, I had the warm banana sundae with home made caramel sauce. OMG!!!!

We wanted to see the free concert at the sunset center, but did not want to stand in line at 5:30 for the tickets, so we chanced that there would be a spot for us after dinner. We got there just in time for intermission. There were lots of seats because the venue was changed. The Air Force band that was to play patriotic songs, had their bus catch on fire, the uniforms and instruments burned. So they had a woodwins quartet flown in to substitute. amongst the peices played was Diez Palabras, the beautiful Argentinean peice. It was perfect to get in and watch.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,390 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday dinner, Flying Fish Grill, and Sunset Center

Roadwork, I'm glad your birthday plans worked out! I love the Flying Fish. I think it's better than Robata and Benihana. Too bad about the Air Force Band--what a freak accident! Glad you enjoyed their substitute.

2. Re: Birthday dinner, Flying Fish Grill, and Sunset Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 22:19