We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick and inexpensive lunch

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
167 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Quick and inexpensive lunch

Hi!

Me and my family will be going from San Francisco to Santa Barbara and thought we could stop in Carmel for lunch.

Is there any place where we can have a quick and inexpensive lunch?

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick and inexpensive lunch

Inexpensive is a relative term, but for excellent food at a reasonable price -- in other words, good value for the money -- we have always been more than satisfied with Dametra or Casanova in Carmel. Both offer a lot of very tasty selections for lunch.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,385 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick and inexpensive lunch

"....Me and my family will be going from San Francisco to Santa Barbara "...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Via the Big Sur coast?!? That's a good 8+ hour drive WITHOUT stops!!! With so much to see/do between those two towns, this could turn into a 16 hour day!!!

If you need a quick, inexpensive lunch, pull off at Monterey and look for a fast food place (McDonald's, Taco Bell, etc.) You don't have time for a nice sit down kind of place.

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,359 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick and inexpensive lunch

You don't say when you're traveling, but if the weather is nice stop at Bruno's Market & Deli and pick up some sandwiches then drive down to the beach to eat 'em.

Bruno's is on the corner of Juipero and 6th, one short block north of Ocean Avenue. Come into town from Highway 1 on Ocean Avenue. At the bottom of the steep hill is Junipero. Turn right and there's Bruno's on your right at the next corner.

On your way out of town you'll be asking yourselves "Why didn't we plan on spending the night here?"

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Level Contributor
35,434 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick and inexpensive lunch

The restaurants in Carmel are fabulous! Is there any way you could plan to spend a little more time there? Demetra Cafe on Ocean Ave is reasonably priced with delicious food. Tell them you are in a hurry and most places will accommodate you. Enjoy beautiful Carmel!! :).

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick and inexpensive lunch

with sooooo many beautiful spots to stop along the way...why don't you pack a lunch the day before or pull into a supermarket grab a sandwich and soda and have lunch at one of the many "pull off" zones along the way or on the beach by carmel. it's going to be a long day in the car...i'd rather be sitting outside looking at the ocean then inside a restaurant waiting for service.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
15,397 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick and inexpensive lunch

Get sandwiches and some pastries at Parker-Lusseau Pastries, 731 Munras Ave, Monterey, then go to Carmel River State Beach, Carmelo Street, Carmel, CA and enjoy.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
167 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick and inexpensive lunch

Thanks for all the replys!

At first, we were going to get spend 3 full days between SF and Los Angeles. But our plans have changed and now we´ll have only 2 full days to do it. So, we're going to sleep near Hearst Castle..

I know it is tight, but we don't want to miss the view from the coast.

We're going to California next june, so I think the idea of getting some pastries and sandwiches and sitting by the beach would be perfect.

Thanks again for the inputs!

8. Re: Quick and inexpensive lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 05:18