We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carmel's Le Marquis (Walter Becker)

F W
Sterling, Virginia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Carmel's Le Marquis (Walter Becker)

Hi everybody,

does anybody know what happened to Walter Becker's restaurant Le Marquis in Carmel?

I have been there in 1979. Walter was a friend of my dad. He took us to his friend's bar Hog's Breathe - the bar of Clint Eastwood. I know that Walter unfortunately is dead.

But because I'm in the area next week I want to hang around in the places of these old days...

Regards

Frank

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Carmel's Le Marquis (Walter Becker)

I'm not familiar with that restaurant name, but 1979 was during the time period I lived in Oregon. Restaurants come and go with some frequency around here, so I expect it's long gone. Do you remember the street or any landmarks (like other businesses or interesting buildings) it was near? Maybe from that I can help you narrow down which block it was in.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

F W
Sterling, Virginia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Carmel's Le Marquis (Walter Becker)

Hi Mr. Toy,

unfortunately I don't remember the area were it was - too much time since then...I know that it's gone. And I know Walter is dead.

I was hoping that the name of Walter Becker was in anybodys memory because he was a friend of Clint Eastwood - his name is even mentioned in Clint's Biography "American Rebel: The Life of Clint Eastwood".

So it was a pretty famous spot in these days...

Thanks anyway, regards

Frank

3. Re: Carmel's Le Marquis (Walter Becker)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 05:16