We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cass House Inn

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cass House Inn

Has anyone stayed there since it reopened this year? May do a weekender in November around Thanksgiving.

San Francisco...
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cass House Inn

i have not stayed at the cass house since it has re-opened, but i have been on a tour and saw all the rooms. they have done a fantasic job! each room has its own theme and they use the best of the best in terms of furniture, art, linens, fixtures, etc. there are 2 rooms that have balconies and 2 smaller rooms. some rooms have jacuzzis. the stay includes breakfast in the morning and wine and cheese in the evening. they also offer tea- sweet and savory- on the weekends and i believe they are going to start serving breakfast. they use fresh and local produce. i think it is worth the money! and you will pay comparable rates to stay at other places in cayucos that are also great, but none as historic and classy as the cass.

Santa Clara CA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cass House Inn

I stayed at the Cass House this past weekend. It was Fabulous. The new owners are young and add a real freshness to the experience. The breakfast was gournet, usually a fritatta (or two), plus bisciuts, granola cereal, frsh cut fruit, orange juice, coffee. Really fresh- they use veggies and herbs from the garden right there on the property.

They serve wine and cheese in the evenbings- usually 4 ot 5 kinds of cheese, plus fruit and wine. Lovely!

The house iteslef has 5 guest rooms. One is downstairs and is the largest, featuring a fireplace and sitting area. The other 4 are upstairs. each is decorated differently and only one has a really fabulous bathtub. The rest have adequate shower facilities. They put organic/natural bath soap, lotion, body wash and shampoo in the bathroom. They use only "green" cleaners so no harsh odors.

The flat screen tv (in every room) gets cable with about 75 channels of programming.

The only negative thing is that the view isn;t great. Across the street form the hotel, between you and the ocean, is a commercial building a skateboard park.

The gardens are very lovely - green lawns and flowers every where. There's also a gazebo for events.

Parking is either on rthe street in front, or the partking lot in back and is adequate for the 5 rooms. There's a public lot across the street if you need parking for larger events.

They have not opened the restaurant for dinner yet, but based ont he breakfast, I'll bet it's phenomenal!

The ambiance is very peaceful and romantic. I highly recommend this Inn!

oakland, ca
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cass House Inn

We haven't stayed at the B&B but if the rooms/service are as wonderful as the food in the restaurant, you're in for a real treat.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cass House Inn

I stayed for a weekend in September and would absolutely recommend it. We snagged the Captain's room with the incredible tub noted above - it was worth it! Each of the rooms has their own plus though - one has a little balcony, one a fireplace, etc.

The restaurant is incredible. Hands down one of the best dining experiences I've had. The staff was knowledgeable and attentive without being stuffy. And I felt the price was right on - $48 for a three-course menu. Each course was the perfect portion. Everything was incredibly fresh and flavorful.

True, the view is probably the one thing that is lacking, but you can hear the ocean at night and the beach is an easy walk across the street.

Level Contributor
36,638 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cass House Inn

It's nice to hear the restaurant is good here, we are considering it for one of our dinners while in the area this month, has anyone been recently? How is Hoppes in Cayucos? :)

SLO
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Cass House Inn

Food at Hoppes is very good, but it's a typical larger, noisy restaurant and does not provide much personal service. The restaurant at The Cass House is outstanding and with only seating for 36 you receive wonderful service. The inn is lovely, with exceptional bed linens, beautiful grounds, wonderful attention to detail. The innkeeper & chef are young, but well-traveled and sophisticated. They provide a memorable experience.

Level Contributor
36,638 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cass House Inn

We had reservations at Hoppe's but had to cancel and ended up at Lido at the Dolphin Bay Resort which was wonderful, Cass House & Hoppe's are at the top of our list for our next visit to the area which hopefully won't be too far away. :)

8. Re: Cass House Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Cayucos
Recent Conversations