We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoreline Inn vs. Cambria Beach Inn

Encinitas, CA
Destination Expert
for Encinitas
Level Contributor
564 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Shoreline Inn vs. Cambria Beach Inn

Can anyone recommend one inn over the other for an overnight stay with our dog on the way to Carmel? Main concerns are quiet (location?, thin walls?), cleanliness and comfort (reasonable quality beds, linens, etc).

Also, just how small is the town? We'll be there on a Tuesday night. Will we find an open restaurant for dinner? The only one I could find a website for is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays!

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Atascadero, CA
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shoreline Inn vs. Cambria Beach Inn

I would recomend the Pierpointe Inn On the Beach (805-995-3200), the rooms are large and luxurios, each comes with a fireplace and jacuzzi tub. Several of the rooms are ocean front you can lay in your bed and watch the waves break.

The town is very small I think the population is about 2,500 people with about 30% of them there in the winter. For dinner in town there is Schooner's (an oceanfront bar restaurant with good food), Cafe Della Via ( an Italian restaurant with good food), Hoppe's (considered the most upscale of the restaurants in town), Duckie's (a fish and chip place at the end of the pier, good chowder and grilled fresh fish), The Sea Shanty (breakfast spot) and Skipper's (another breakfast spot)

My wife and I prefer the Sea Shanty for a good breakfast, Cafe Della Via for Italian dinner and Schooner's for a drink and fried calamari appetiser on the topside bar overlooking the beach and pier. If you go to Cafe Della Via , or Schooner's ask for Troy or Donovan (cousins that own the place, great guys)!

I don't know the restauraunt days and hours but several are closed on Monday's and Tuesday's. Morro Bay is less than ten minutes away and lot's of restaurants and Cambria is about 15 minutes to the north with lots more. If you do go to Cambria,The Sea Chest Restaurant and Oyster Bar is do die for! They don't take reservations so give yourself some time. Richard

2. Re: Shoreline Inn vs. Cambria Beach Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Cayucos
Recent Conversations