We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loews Coronado - close to the beach

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
654 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Loews Coronado - close to the beach

I just booked a weekend at the Loews in August and want to be very close to the beach. I know the hotel del is on the beach but the price for the Loews was $200 a night cheaper. Is it a hike to the beach and what services if any does the Loews have at the beach.

Thanks

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,378 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loews Coronado - close to the beach

We have stayed at the Loews which faces SanDiego bay .The walk to th ebeach is a short one.There is a path from the hotel that goes under a roadway and there you are. I think in summer they have a service that takes you there if you cannot walk,maybe its something like a golf cart like those vehicles at the airport that you can ride.

Anyway ,I dont think there is any "service" at the beach.

We also have walked on the beach in fron t of the Del and I dont think there is any "service " on the beach there either.

The Loews is also cheaper because it is outside the main area of Coronado. It is on a very thin peninsula and the drive to the main area of Coronado ,where there are restaurnts and the Del etc. is about 8-12min.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
654 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loews Coronado - close to the beach

thanks this is helpful.

3. Re: Loews Coronado - close to the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 12:20