We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

loews coronado beach

Bristol UK
13 posts
Save Topic
loews coronado beach

Can any one please tell me what the beach is like next to the Loews hotel and how far it is from the hotel.

Rouen, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: loews coronado beach

Hello, I am from San Diego but am now living in St Albans, UK. We stayed at Loews last summer (2004) and I really enjoyed it. The beach that you would use is called the Silver Strand, it is a nice beach and depending on when you go you could have it almost all to yourself. You can either walk to the beach or the hotel also provides transportation ( a golf cart), it's around an 8 minute walk to the beach. If the hotel drops you at the beach you can request that they pick you up at a certain time. In case you aren't aware the hotel is a bit of a distance from the town of Coronado, you really would need a car if you don't wanted to feel stranded on the Silver Strand. The hotel has a great pool area. You can actually go to the following website and there is some info on the beach as well as some photos. If you click on aerial photos you can see what look the beach and strand look like, in fact I think Loews is the background in some of the photos. I hope this helps and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay there. San Diego and Coronado a brilliant cities, I really miss living there!

Rouen, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: loews coronado beach

Sorry, here is the website: http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=654