We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to decide between Marriott and Loewes coronada bay???

Indiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to decide between Marriott and Loewes coronada bay???

Going April 15th-19th. I am an active person and would like to have options around me. Looks like Loewes is nicer but Marriott is closer to everything. Do you have any suggestions??

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,669 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to decide between Marriott and Loewes coronada bay???

Are you traveling alone? Will you have a car?

The Loews is kind of isolated if you will be alone and especially with NO car!!

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,603 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to decide between Marriott and Loewes coronada bay???

I've stayed at the Marriott and liked it a lot. You can walk to quite a bit and the water taxi to downtown is right there. The rooms are nice - comfortable, large bathrooms, large balconies. Ask for a room facing the harbor rather than the neighborhood and you'll get a nice view. The hotel has coy ponds with huge coy throughout with indoor-outdoor gardens, and a pretty nice pool area with a good view of downtown.

I haven't stayed at the Loews, but it is kind of off by itself.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
12 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to decide between Marriott and Loewes coronada bay???

Just to give you another perspective. I've stayed at the Loews and will be going back in 2 wks. I LIKE the fact that it is somewhat isolated. It's a nice place and best of all, it is right on Silver Strand Beach. It's a 5 min walk, but lazy people can also get a cart to take you over. The hotel is about 2 miles from the town, but it's a nice walk. The public bus also stops at the end of the drive. You say that you are active, so it's good to know that they are right on the bike path. They rent bicycles, tho it's alot cheaper to rent them in town. They also rent kayaks and all sorts of water gizmos. Saying all that, I will also say that if you plan to sightsee, see lots of attractions etc, you'll really need a car and the parking fees are quite high at the hotel. But if you're happy to just be on Coronado and kick back, I think you'd be happy at Loews

4. Re: Trying to decide between Marriott and Loewes coronada bay???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 20:16