We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting around from marriott coronado

Marion, Illinois
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
getting around from marriott coronado

My Husband and I will be staying 3 nights at the Coronado Marriott In June. Do we need to rent a car or can we walk most places? We are going to a baseball game one night and would like to get over to the area around the zoo. Also wanted to check out old towne but can't really tell how far everything is. I also want to go to La Jolla one day which I know we can't walk to. What would be the best way of getting there? Really don't want to rent a car but would like to know if it's going to be a pain if we don't. Thanks for your help!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,215 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting around from marriott coronado

Not sure why you are reluctant to rent a car?

You can see the location of your hotel by putting it into Google.

A map will come up and you can then put in other places to see how to get to them. You will be across the bay from downtown San Diego.

You can cross the bay in about 15min. on a passenger ferry but they don't run all night. You can also take a bus across the bay.

Here is a map and the time schedule for the #901 bus that goes in Coronado and then across the bay into downtown.

transit.511sd.com/services/Route.aspx?r=901

The baseball stadium is in downtown and the zoo is only about 3miles from downtown. You can get there by changing buses once across the bay or by taking a taxi. You could also use the hop on hop off bus tour which has a stop near where the ferry leaves you in downtown or on Coronado at the other end of Orange Ave. near the Hotel Del Coronado.

See: www.trolleytours.com

IF you want to get to La Jolla driving is an easy way.

There is also a tour I have just heard about which will pick you up from the train station downtown and take you to the sights in La Jolla.

See: http://tourguidetim.com/la-jolla-tours/

Since you are only here for 3 nights and don't have tons of time I'd suggest either renting a car or taking a tour which will be more efficient than trying to use lots of public transportation. Getting to La Jolla by bus will take an hour.

Driving or taking a tour will take about 20min.

2. Re: getting around from marriott coronado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 15:19