We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from The Del

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
19 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Walking from The Del

From the Del, I was assuming that it was about a mile + down the main strip (I think Orange) to the Ferry Boat Landing area over to San Diego - Concierge at Del said we would need a taxi. Family of 5 with kids ages 8, 10 and 13 who have walked miles per day at Disney World in Orlando. Any thoughts to just walking from the Del to the Ferry Landing area and then back - was thinking it was better to walk and take in the sights - Thoughts about the walking distance to and from Hotel Del/Ferry Port Landing area to San Diego? Thank you.

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from The Del

From the Ferry Landing it is less than an hour to walk to the Del (2.6 miles). You can take a bus or taxi back if 2 hours walking is too much!

Here is a nice scenic walking route under the bridge, along the golf course and through the attractive Glorietta neighborhood: I would avoid very busy Orange

http://tinyurl.com/Coronado-Walk

Check it out in street view!

Enjoy!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,225 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from The Del

You can see distances on a map by putting the Hotel Del Coronado,Ca.

into Google.

You can use the get directions function to see the distances.

There is a bus you can use to go from the Del to the Ferry Landing too.

You can also ride bikes and take the bikes onto the ferry.

Not sure what "sights" you'd see along the way.

Just a nice town.

San Diego
Level Contributor
27 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking from The Del

Coronado is nice and and flat and it's a great place to rent bikes. You could ride to the ferry and ride when you're in San Diego. StrandsDanville's link would give you a very nice ride, as well. I would highly recommend Holland's to rent the bikes at. Enjoy!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
19 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking from The Del

Thank you everyone, great feedback!

Coronado, California
Level Contributor
78 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking from The Del

I agree about renting bikes and riding the bike trail under the Coronado bridge, thus avoiding Orange Ave. The ferry is very fun to take over to downtown San Diego, with or without bikes, and lots to see there with kids. There's also a bus that runs along Orange ave to the Ferry Landing that's a lot cheaper than a taxi.

6. Re: Walking from The Del

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 21:42