We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Casual/Resort Dressy wear for our stay

Burnsville...
1 post
Save Topic
Resort Casual/Resort Dressy wear for our stay

My husband and I will be staying at the Hotel del Coronado at the end of May. We have different functions to attend that call for Resort Casual and Resort Dressy wear. Looking for some guidance for what we need to bring with us.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,131 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort Casual/Resort Dressy wear for our stay

Here's a good description of "resort casual":

…usatoday.com/resort-casual-wear-61444.html

I have not heard the term "resort dressy".

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,721 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort Casual/Resort Dressy wear for our stay

Sometime I think that if we get any more obscure dress code terms, I am going to scream. :-) So confusing.

I would guess that resort dressy means long pants and a collared shirt for men, and closed toe shoes. For women, dressy slacks and blouse, sundress and sweater, strappy sandals with some kind of heel.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,131 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort Casual/Resort Dressy wear for our stay

If resort casual=khakis and a golf shirt then maybe

resort dressy=slacks + dress shirt I don't know if that means a jacket too??

Edited: 17 April 2014, 16:07
Monterey Bay...
Level Contributor
817 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort Casual/Resort Dressy wear for our stay

I think of Tommy Bahama when I've been handed these "resort" dress terms.

Resort Casual - shorts, tanks, polos, casual sundress, sandals, etc.

Resort Dressy - This seems to be a couple notches down from plain 'ole "dressy." Slacks and collared shirt for men (linen kind of look), long knit sundress for woman, nice pants for woman and a dressy shirt would work too.

When you get these new dress code terms, it means you can wear whatever you want :). No matter what the dress code says, you tend to see everything anyway!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,935 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort Casual/Resort Dressy wear for our stay

To me "resort dressy" means no jeans, actual slacks and collared shirts.

Resort casual to me would be dressy shorts, but definitely not tank tops, which to me are more "resort slob" or beach wear. I can't imagine anyone in a "resort casual" function in a tank top.

Woman seem to be able to do what they want dress wise, but then they seldom seem to be underdressed.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,131 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort Casual/Resort Dressy wear for our stay

I agree that tank tops are not "resort" casual but just southern California beachwear.

Luckenbach, Texas
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort Casual/Resort Dressy wear for our stay

Other suggestions for resort casual for men besides those loud TommyB shirts are those polo shirts with guys on a horse or a crocodile.

Women resort casual- maxi dresses, Eileen Fisher separates, Lily Pulitzer dresses, embroidered tunic tops with white pants.

But since it is in California, there will a total disregard for the suggested dress code by more than a few attendees.

8. Re: Resort Casual/Resort Dressy wear for our stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 06:16