We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near OC Performing Arts Center

San Diego
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near OC Performing Arts Center

My family will be going to a musical at OC Performing Arts Center for a big birthday celebration, and I am looking for somewhere special nearby for us to go to dinne before the show. All adults, and we will be rather dressy for the show -- inside South Coast Plaza or outside would be fine. I'd appreciate any suggestions!

5 replies to this topic
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
27,676 posts
5,812 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near OC Performing Arts Center

When we went to an event there, we had a good time dining at the Capitol Grill in the South Coast Plaza

yelp.com/biz/the-capital-grille-costa-mesa

however, any preferences in food or atmosphere would be helpful....for other ideas.

San Diego
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near OC Performing Arts Center

Thanks for the suggestion!

I guess I'm looking for something on the elegant side -- not necessarily traditionally "fancy," but definitely a special occasion. Pretty much any kind of food, just good.

Laguna Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near OC Performing Arts Center

Marche Moderne is what you want.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,361 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near OC Performing Arts Center

I'd pick Scott's (Anton and Bristol just in front of the South Coast Plaza Hotel), Pinot Provence (inside the hotel) or Leatherby's Cafe Rouge (inside the concert hall). All three are just steps from Segerstrom Hall and the Henry and Renee Segerstrom Hall. I used to be a fan of Marche Moderne but the last time I went there, the service was DREADFUL!

San Diego
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near OC Performing Arts Center

Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions -- I will definitely check them all out. We are already looking forward to this trip a lot!

Reply to: Restaurants near OC Performing Arts Center
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted