We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question regarding rooms at Ritz?

Burbank, California
Level Contributor
126 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Question regarding rooms at Ritz?

Hey guys, so we booked two nights for the ritz and got the most standard room (limited view) I noticed the upgrades are really expensive. For example extra $100/ night just for a garden view and an extra $300/night for ocean view. Is it worth spending an extra $600 for two nights just for the view? I assumed I will be looking at the view all day and night throughout the stay so I would rather use that $600 as spending money. Anyone stay at different rooms and know the differences between limited/garden view etc. Is it actually worth the splurge?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,190 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question regarding rooms at Ritz?

It is not worth posting duplicates. That is called spamming. Just one post is all you need to do

If it was me I would look at the reviews of the people who have actually stayed there recently and it is ok to PM them and ask them what thought if you still have questions

Look it is not our money. Worth it is a personal decision. If the idea is to stay close to the water then some folks may think it is best to have views of the ocean. Others may think it is a waste of money. Do what you think is correct.

we stayed there a few years ago and got the ocean view rooms because we felt we wanted to stay at the water with a view of the water. You may not. or you may.

Edited: 01 March 2016, 00:10
Burbank, California
Level Contributor
126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Question regarding rooms at Ritz?

I wasn't trying to spam. I posted it and realized I had posted in the dana point forum and assumed it barely got views in that forum so did oc instead.

starsparkles
Level Contributor
297 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question regarding rooms at Ritz?

Well, this is a reply to an old message, but we just returned and I would say there is little reason to stay here and spend that kind of money unless you have the view. It's a very expensive resort and the beach facing rooms are the only reason to stay and not at a different resort. If it's really important to be on the water, there are much more reasonable options in Laguna Beach, that are way closer to the water, too.

Laguna beach has all the restaurants and shopping and night life, and a gorgeous set of beaches, and many on the water options. Save your money and get the best room at one of those and still have some leftover for dinner.

4. Re: Question regarding rooms at Ritz?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2018, 19:18