We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places for dogs

Level Contributor
176 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
places for dogs

Are there any off - leash areas allowed for dogs in the Davis area?

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places for dogs

try this pet-friendly website, www.petswelcome.com. It lists pet-friendly accomodations as well as pet-friendly beaches, cafes, museums, stores, etc.

Hope this help you out.

Level Contributor
176 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places for dogs

Thanks for your suggestion, I've been to that website. I was hoping some locals would reply.

davis
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: places for dogs

Yes, there is a wonderful dog park at 1919 Second Street near Sudwerk's Restaurant. There are usually many dogs there romping and it is just a great place to bring my dog every morning. It is open from dawn to dusk and is a fenced area of about 2 acres.

davis
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: places for dogs

Yes, there is a wonderful dog park at 1919 Second Street near Sudwerk's Restaurant. There are usually many dogs there romping and it is just a great place to bring my dog every morning. It is open from dawn to dusk and is a fenced area of about 2 acres.

Level Contributor
176 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places for dogs

Thank you so much! I know exactly where Sudwerks is, my mother takes us there every time we visit Davis. That's perfect!

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: places for dogs

The city just opened up a new dog park. It is located off Second Street by Sudwerks. If you drive too fast you'll fly right by it. The entrance is super tight so make sure you really slow down when you pull in, especially if someone is coming out. No dogs are allowed any more in the city cemetery on 8th Street. Apparently too many irresponsible dog owners were letting their dogs go the bathroom on the nearby gravesites and stones! Can you imagine coming to see your passed away love one on a quiet Sunday morning only to see Fido with one leg open over the gravestone? What a shame.

Get answers to your questions about Davis