We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train to Del Mar ??

San Clemente...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
train to Del Mar ??

Has anyone taken a train from North OC to Del Mar ?

Does the train go directly to the racetrack?

Can you walk from the station?

Are there restaurants?

Any info would be apprecitated.

Thanks.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,926 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train to Del Mar ??

The train stops in Solana Beach. It is walking distance for the energetic but there is also a shuttle during the race meet. There are tons of restaurants between the station and the track entrance, both on Highway 1 and whatever the street is you turn on (my mind just went blank), I think its Via del Valle.

Mentioned in this post
Solana Beach
Solana Beach
California
San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train to Del Mar ??

The above poster is generally correct. I would not say there are tons of restaurants along Highway 101, south of the Solana Beach train station on the way to the race track, although there are some restaurants near the train station, a few further south and one restaurant at the corner of Highway 101 and Via Del Valle. I'd say its a two mile+ walk from the station to the race track entrance and there should be a shuttle during the racing season, but not necessarily during other events at the track (I think the shuttle may also run during the fair). There is a regular transit bus that gets you much closer to the race track entrance, but there would still be a walk involved.

Mentioned in this post
Solana Beach
Solana Beach
California
3. Re: train to Del Mar ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 10:20