We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

home rental by Del Mar

fort worth
Level Contributor
205 posts
204 reviews
Save Topic
home rental by Del Mar

Interested in a 2 or 3 bedroom home that allows pets (bulldog- housebroken & potty trained) for the following time frame: 08/26/2010 check in and depart on 08/28/2010.

It would consist of 2 adults and the dog.

If there are no home rentals could anybody suggest a good hotel that accepts pets and within this area (15 miles).

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,170 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: home rental by Del Mar

You may have difficulty finding a home to rent for only 2 nights. Many of these type properties require a week's rental.

fort worth
Level Contributor
205 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: home rental by Del Mar

I agree with you there. My question then would be what hotel would you recommend that is within a 15 mile radius that accepts pets? We want to relax Thursday somewhere within this 15 mile radius and then go to the horse races on Friday. Any recommendations for a place to stay? Budget for the hotel stay would be around $1,000.00.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,689 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: home rental by Del Mar

This might work for you.

…hilton.com/en_US/…index.do

THIS one is even closer:

…hilton.com/en_US/…services.do

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: home rental by Del Mar

A couple of hotel suggestions:

Residence Inn, La Jolla---Allows pets (with a non-refundable fee). Lives like a small home with a complete kitchen and up to two bedroom/loft type suites. Most RI's also have a designated 'dog-walk' area so your pet might meet other dogs while there (if that's a good thing). Free breakfast usually. I think that this property has been recently remodled so some of the older guest photos on TA won't match what the interior looks like now. (www.marriott.com)

Sheraton, La Jolla---allows dogs (not sure if they have a pet fee). Even comes with a special 'doggie bed' if you need it and, at some Sheraton locations, a 'dog menu'. Beautiful grounds if you request an 'inside' room; otherwise outside rooms basically have a view of the parking lot/freeway. (www.spg.com)

I've stayed at both of these hotels and enjoyed each of them. They are within a mile of each other so the location to Del Mar Racetrack is virtually the same: I'd guess less than four miles and a very beautiful, nice drive up the coastal route. Neither of these hotels are within what people normally think of as 'La Jolla central' (they are both off the I-5 freeway) but they have easy access to many areas of town and a lot of nice restaurants.

You can read the reviews of both of these hotels under the 'La Jolla, CA' page here on TA. For details/reservations at either hotel just go to the listed websites and put in 'Del Mar, CA' as the location and both will come up.

Love those doggies! :-)

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: home rental by Del Mar

The second Hilton listed by riffsmom is just across the street from the track -- easily walking distance. However, it prices out a lot higher than others (most likely because of the races) and the area will be crowded.

6. Re: home rental by Del Mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 06:18