We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Q'ero- 2 restaurants?

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
28 reviews
35 helpful votes
Q'ero- 2 restaurants?

Hi all- I see two listings for this restaurants- do I have this right- the one in Cardiff only serves dinner and the one in Encinitas only serves lunch? Also- any reason to try one over the other?

I'd really like to try Peruvian food so this place is on my list for our Sa-Tues while there as the reviews look really good. I see they are closed Sun and Mon so our options are limited to our first or last night in town.

4 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
31,419 posts
1. Re: Q'ero- 2 restaurants?

Im not familiar with either, but Id post in the San Diego forum where more people will see your question.

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
28 reviews
35 helpful votes
2. Re: Q'ero- 2 restaurants?

will do- thx

Encinitas, CA
Destination Expert
for Encinitas
Level Contributor
609 posts
13 reviews
30 helpful votes
3. Re: Q'ero- 2 restaurants?

I believe they are both open for dinner on Saturday, on Tuesday only lunch in Old Encinitas, only dinner in Cardiff. I've never been to the Cardiff location and its been a couple of years since I dined at the Encinitas restaurant. They have cut down the menu at the smaller original Encinitas location, much to the disappointment of friends who used to dine there fairly often. The food was unique and excellent, although quite pricey, the last time I dined there. When there was only one restaurant reservations were essential, not sure with the newer Cardiff location.

Cardiff-by-the-Sea...
Level Contributor
111 posts
22 reviews
18 helpful votes
4. Re: Q'ero- 2 restaurants?

They are changing things up so you can't be sure what meals are served downtown without calling. The original downtown location is very charming but can also be booked up. The newer spot has a big bar, a happy hour, but is not really a walkable location just off the freeway. Under any circumstances, as indicated, the food is fantastic and somewhat pricey

Reply to: Q'ero- 2 restaurants?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Encinitas