We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick opinion? Location of possible rental home -Leucadia

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
102 posts
15 reviews
7 helpful votes
Quick opinion? Location of possible rental home -Leucadia

My previous question was about where to stay as a home base between Encinitas & Newport Beach. I just found a possible rental in Leucadia but do not have the specific address yet.

It is one block from the ocean (Grandview Beach) & within the area bordered by Sanford St. on the South & Andrew Ave. to the North, North Vulcan to the East and Neptune Ave to the West.

Is this enough info. to get a quick opinion about that general area? I realize that we may not be able to walk to Encinitas which I was hoping to do but it's a nice property and we will have a car. Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
San Diego...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
52 helpful votes
1. Re: Quick opinion? Location of possible rental home -Leucadia

That's a fantastic area. You will be in walking distance to the beach and a scattering of great restaurants and shops on the 101. You'll want to drive to downtown Encinitas but it's only a few minutes. Grandview, Stonesteps and Beacons are three of the best beaches you'll ever see.

Laguna Beach, CA
Level Contributor
2,996 posts
25 reviews
29 helpful votes
2. Re: Quick opinion? Location of possible rental home -Leucadia

I think Leucadia is a cute little town, but it might not have the things you were looking for.

I think Newport Beach is still the best option.

Encinitas...
Level Contributor
11 posts
24 reviews
14 helpful votes
3. Re: Quick opinion? Location of possible rental home -Leucadia

make sure you have a parking spot included. that area is beautiful but its tough to find parking. you are up on a 50 foot bluff / cliff and take stairs down to grandview beach. agree with few restaruants in walking distance or a short bike / car ride to encinitas downtown

Encinitas...
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
15 helpful votes
4. Re: Quick opinion? Location of possible rental home -Leucadia

Great location and walking distance to lots of restaurants, bars and downtown Encinitas is a little bit of hike, but doable.

Reply to: Quick opinion? Location of possible rental home -Leucadia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Encinitas