We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western Hotel

Gilbert, Az
Level Contributor
30 posts
13 reviews
Best Western Hotel

Is the Best Western in walking distance to Moonlight Beach? Would the Moonlight Beach Motel be a better option? I was really hoping to park the car for a few days except for sight seeing trips.

8 replies to this topic
Encinitas, CA
Destination Expert
for Encinitas
Level Contributor
596 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Best Western Hotel

Both are within walking distance of Moonlight Beach, but Moonlight Beach Motel is definitely closer. I haven't been inside the rooms of either one, but the impression from the outside is that the BW is a little more upscale, Moonlight Beach Motel more basic, possibly a bit funky.

Encinitas...
Level Contributor
11 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Best Western Hotel

i agree both are in walking distance although Moonlight Beach motel is half the distance. the walk from BW also includes crossing 2 pretty busy intersections. BW will likely have parking included but check. there might be a decent fee for parking at moonlight beach motel. there are also vacation rentals in the area. if you get there early you can easily find parking at the beach lot or streets around it. but anything after 9:30am on a weekend in the summer is likely going to be tough

Gilbert, Az
Level Contributor
30 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Best Western Hotel

Thanks for the responses. I choose the Moonlight Beach Motel based on location. Our dates were flexible so was able to snag one of their better view rooms. The walk from the BW seemed like it would be a chore having to cross some of the streets. I 'm actually excited about staying in this "old school" motel. The reviews are great.

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
4. Re: Best Western Hotel

It's a walk from the BW but we just had to change our plans in Oceanside and found the BW because they take pets. To say I'm more than impressed is an understatement. I think of BW as super low end and the room is fabulous and customer service has been great.

Encinitas...
Level Contributor
9 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: Best Western Hotel

Good to know

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
68,365 posts
72 reviews
6. Re: Best Western Hotel

I have never thought of Best Westerns as "super low" . They are usually a chain you can count on for a decent room with free parking and basic breakfast that you can count on when traveling/road tripping.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
396 posts
38 reviews
7. Re: Best Western Hotel

Just stayed at the BW last week and was NOT impressed. Review pending.

Chappaqua, New York
Level Contributor
58 posts
42 reviews
8. Re: Best Western Hotel

Yes it is an easy walk to Moonlight Beach and there are plenty of things to walk to in Encinitas. Also you can hop on the train and go to any number of other locations and leave your car behind!

Reply to: Best Western Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Encinitas