We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Janyary in encinitas

Carloforte, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Janyary in encinitas

We are a family of surfers with a 1 year old Child. We want to stay 1 month in encinitas from mid january To mid february. Is It going To be Nice there with People And activities or Very low season?

9 replies to this topic
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
19,335 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Janyary in encinitas

It is winter (low tourist season) so the number of people at the beach will not be like the more crowded summer months.Be sure to bring a wetsuit, as the ocean temps are pretty cool.

Weather can be cool, or rainy, or often we get a mini heat wave that time of year, with lots of sunshine.

Have fun in Encinitas!

Carloforte, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Janyary in encinitas

Thanks a Lot!!!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
68,365 posts
72 reviews
3. Re: Janyary in encinitas

Encinitas is a suburb of the city of San Diego. It does not close down in winter! People live there all year around but the beaches will be quiet as the water is cold at that time of year.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
672 posts
55 reviews
4. Re: Janyary in encinitas

Lots of places to rent wetsuits by the week, or even buy used ones inexpensively at local surf shops, if you don’t want to pack them. There will be many surfers out on weekend mornings, but nice and quiet at the beach weekdays. I think we have the best sunsets on clear January evenings - often see the “green flash” right as the sun goes down. Lovely time to visit, though there may be some partially rainy days, too.

Carloforte, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Janyary in encinitas

Thank You for The infos! Can't wait To be there!

los angeles
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: Janyary in encinitas

Love Encinitas, lots of restaurants and bars, very family friendly. It is low key, the locals are nice, lots to do.

Carloforte, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Janyary in encinitas

Thanks!!!!

los angeles
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
31 reviews
8. Re: Janyary in encinitas

I spend 3 months a year there. 3 very local, family owned , inexpensive restaurants I can recommend are, Kim's Vietnamese in the center of Encinitas. Fish 101 at the north end of town in Leucadia. And if you get hungry for home, Trattoria Positano to the south in Cardiff by the Sea, owned by two sisters from , you got it, Positano! There are tons and tons of restaurants, but I go these all the time.

Carloforte, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Janyary in encinitas

Thank you very much! I'll definitely go!

Reply to: Janyary in encinitas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Encinitas