We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skate parks?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
396 posts
38 reviews
Skate parks?

My son and I will be in Encinitas for a couple of days and he wants to go to the skatepark. I saw there was one at the Ymca, but it looks like there is another one too? It got a write up in the paper from what I could see. Any thoughts? We will be in PB for a few days and then the Encinitas/Carlsbad area. Also, he'd love to do a skate camp or something like that, any recommends? Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,237 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Skate parks?

Yes, there are two.

One is at Alga Norte Community Park (Poinsettia Ln and Alicante Rd) and the other is a little north of there off of Farady (near El Camino)

Enjoy

Dr. Z

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,237 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Skate parks?

Oh... I forgot to add...

Those are both within the city lines of Carlsbad....not Encinitas

Encinitas, CA
Destination Expert
for Encinitas
Level Contributor
596 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Skate parks?

There's a skate park at the Encinitas Community Park, 425 Santa Fe Drive.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
396 posts
38 reviews
4. Re: Skate parks?

Hi All,

We went to the skate park in Encinitas, the Community Park one off Santa Fe Drive. My son loved it, even though he was mad at me as none (and I mean none!) of the other kids or adults skating were wearing helmets and I made him wear his. It is a requirement at the skatepark he usually skates at so I wasn't going to let him get away with that just because we were on vacation. Other than being surprised that helmets were not required, it was an amazing park. Beautiful. Thank you!

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
665 posts
55 reviews
5. Re: Skate parks?

And, do you know about the Oceanside skate parks? There are 5, as described here:

…oceanside.ca.us/gov/…skate.asp

Edited: 15 March 2018, 21:47
Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,863 posts
441 reviews
6. Re: Skate parks?

Here is a great resource for those reading.

socalskateparks.com/listing/guide/san-diego-…

For future reference, if I was going to send my tykes to a skate camp, it would be Woodward West.

campwoodward.com/locations/…overview

Edited: 15 March 2018, 22:22
Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,863 posts
441 reviews
7. Re: Skate parks?

>>>he was mad at me as none (and I mean none!) of the other kids or adults skating were wearing helmets and I made him wear his.<<<

I am shocked (unless they were all older). It is a state law, strictly enforced, that all minors must wear helmets to scoot, skate or bike.

Reply to: Skate parks?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Encinitas