We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Encinitas vs Carlsbad to spend a week in late April

San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
2 posts
105 reviews
30 helpful votes
Encinitas vs Carlsbad to spend a week in late April

We're retired, in our 60's, healthy, active,vegan. Taking advantage of a friend's wedding to stay on and enjoy the SoCal coast. Exploring various Vacation Rentals. Open to suggestions!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,225 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Encinitas vs Carlsbad to spend a week in late April

Hi tallred !

You can't go wrong with either. I'll just say that if you pick Carlsbad stay as close to the village / beach area and/or Carlsbad Village Drive as possible. Otherwise you could be isolated and not walking distance to anything.

In Encinitas I'd stay as close to Pacific Coast Hwy and their village as well. I believe you'll have a lot of vegan friendly places in Encinitas & Solana Beach.

Edited: 10 February 2016, 20:54
San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
2 posts
105 reviews
30 helpful votes
2. Re: Encinitas vs Carlsbad to spend a week in late April

Thanks!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
31,391 posts
3. Re: Encinitas vs Carlsbad to spend a week in late April

I agree either Is good, and to reiterate what's already been said make sure you stay near the beach, within a couple of blocks. Both cities stretch way inland so if you choose a spot there you could be a 15 minute drive to the beach.

Porthcawl, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
15 helpful votes
4. Re: Encinitas vs Carlsbad to spend a week in late April

Hi Tallred,

Both great places, but we think Encinitas has the edge. As both contributors before said stay close the main street unless your happy to drive (plenty of parking everywhere).

Moonlight beach motel is a great place to stay as its walking distance to a lot of great places to eat and its only a very short walk to the beach.

Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
14 helpful votes
5. Re: Encinitas vs Carlsbad to spend a week in late April

If its not too late, check out the San Elijo Lagoon/Nature Center while your there!

6. Re: Encinitas vs Carlsbad to spend a week in late April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2017, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Encinitas