We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car Question

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
323 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Car Question

My flight arrives at ACV on Friday (5-4) p.m. and I want to rent a car till Sunday (5-6) a.m. so I can cruise around the area before backpacking for a week. Most rental car web sites show their office's closed on Sundays but it looks like Hertz's is open. Can one of you helpful local experts verify this for me and is Hertz the only rental car company that has an office open on Sundays?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

gp1
Eureka, California
Level Contributor
641 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Car Question

Hi Saber45

I am flying out and in of Acv next week I 'll let you know

Have Fun

GP

I

Eureka, CA
Level Contributor
310 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Car Question

At the ACV airport, Alamo is open on Sundays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Avis is open on Sundays from 9 a.m. to 8:15 p.m.

National Car Rental didn't answer their phone (707) 839-3229; you might try phoning them and see if you can get a response.

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
323 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Car Question

Thanks gp1 and inabedofroses. Greatly appreciate the responses.

Called National today and didn't get an answer. Alamo or Avis is fine with me. So use to web searching, posting and sending emails when doing research for my trips that simply picking up the phone and calling seemed so avant-garde!

california
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Car Question

Hi saber45

what inabedof roses said!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Car Question

Some years ago, we rented a car at that airport and needed to return it very early in the morning before the rental car agency opened...they had a procedure to return the car and drop the key in a box. Of course, they continue to charge you for the rental until they open and formally close out the rental on their computer. We used Avis and had no problem. Personally, I would recommend Hertz or Avis for this type of arrangement because you have to rely on them to finallize your bill when you are not present and IMO Hertz and Avis have the best reputation in not adding additional charges (e.g. for minor scratches etc.).

6. Re: Rental Car Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 12:18