We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant memory

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
45 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant memory

I'm traveling through Eureka this fall, my first time back to the region in over 30 years. In the mid to late 70's I ate often at what appeared to be a converted house operating as a seafood processing facility and restaurant. Great food and a window to the area where fish were iced and loaded for shipment. The crab canelloni was my favorite. Does anyone remember the name and is it still in operation? I know it is a long shot so other recommendations are also welcome.

Eureka, CA
Level Contributor
310 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant memory

Would that have been Lazio's? They do still process and pack a high-end tuna in olive oil, but the restaurant is no longer in business.

Currently, the best bets for fresh seafood (restaurants) would be

Cafe Marina on Woodley Island, run by the same folks who have the Samoa Cookhouse,

Sea Grill, consistently fine seafood dining in Old Town,

Waterfront, in Old Town,

Bay Front One (used to be The Ritz, now on the boardwalk) for excellent sashimi

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
66 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant memory

It might be Weatherbee's that you remember and it's gone too. I second bedofroses in a recommendation for Sea Grill and Waterfront!

California
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant memory

You might have been at Lazio's. They have been closed for maybe two decades now. If it was on the water, it was Lazio's. Weatherby's was tiny, but looked like a house and on Hwy 101. There isn't anything quite like they were, but for seafood you can check Avalon, great chef, local foods including seafood, 3rd & G St; Sea Grill 3rd & E St, with a salad bar; and Japanese restaurant Kyoto, Fst near 4th. Crab is not in season in the fall, but you may catch the tail end of the salmon season. Some places may have crab on menu, but it has been frozen. For Italian try Gabriele's, on 3rd near E St.

Edited: 03 August 2010, 04:44
4. Re: Restaurant memory

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 05:16