We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking motel recommendations - 2 days in Eureka area

Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking motel recommendations - 2 days in Eureka area

Traveling to redwood coast area May 15-17 as part of a northern California loop roadtrip. Would like to spend 2 nights in Eureka area in order to visit destinations northward one day, and south the next, before heading on to Mendicino/Ft. Bragg. Party includes 4 adults and 3 small kids, and a small dog. Don't want to get too far beyond Mckinleyville(N) or Fortuna(S) to keep centralized. Any recommendations on hotels or other lodging to fit us all, either in a suite or cabin, or 2 rooms, for less than $160/ night? I've looked through reviews and other forum posts, but having wondering if anyone has any ideas, I know its a specific request but just checking. Might have the same situation in Ft. Bragg and may post there also. Thanks.

Eureka, CA
Level Contributor
309 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking motel recommendations - 2 days in Eureka area

With four adults, three small children, and a dog, with such a tight budget you might be better served by considering camping? Not being snarky, just practical.

Or borrow a friend's RV?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,889 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking motel recommendations - 2 days in Eureka area

Hmmm, I looked through the cabins in Trinidad, thinking that might work, but either they don't accept pets or the price is over your budget. Same thing for vacation rentals - to get one large enough for 7, the price increases.

Have you looked into motels?

What have you been finding in the other areas you've looked into?

Eureka, CA
Level Contributor
309 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking motel recommendations - 2 days in Eureka area

Another solution might be to board the dog in one of our local kennels. There are a number of good ones we use all the time. Same in Fort Bragg. I can recommend a fine one, if you decide to go this route. It definitely would open up some lodging options for you.

4. Re: Seeking motel recommendations - 2 days in Eureka area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 01:42