We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can i take the ferry from Agia Roumeli to Gavdos?

Valencia, Spain
2 posts
Save Topic
Can i take the ferry from Agia Roumeli to Gavdos?

Hi,

This is my first time posting here, i hope im doing it in the proper section, if not please correct me.

Me and my girlfriend are planning visiting Gavdos this mid-september (2014). On Sunday 14th we would walk the Gorges of Samaria route ending in Agia Roumeli and our plan is to catch the Paleochora-Souglia-Agia Roumeli-Gavdos ferry next morning (monday).

My question is the following:

Can we spend the night there and catch the ferry directly from Agia Roumeli or do we have to go to Paleochora and catch it from there? I mean does the ferry pick-up passengers in its stop in Agia Roumeli? Thats my doubt.

Many thanks in advance!

2 replies to this topic
Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
697 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can i take the ferry from Agia Roumeli to Gavdos?

If you check ferry company timetables at:

www.anendyk.gr/pages/en/timetable.php?lang=EN

you can check your possibilities, good luck.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,698 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can i take the ferry from Agia Roumeli to Gavdos?

There are three ferries a week, on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday, from Chora Sfakion to Gavdo: they call at Loutro and Agia Roumeli on the way. The departure time, according to the timetable, is 10.30 from Chora Sfakion: it will be at Agia Roumeli, after a longish stop at Loutro to unload provisions for the village, at about noon. And I can't imagine why it wouldn't pick up passengers, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

So the answer is "yes", you can do it - but not on Monday! If you want to go on Monday you'll have to go from Paleochora, which isn't a problem: take the ferry from Agia Roumeli to Paleochora after walking the gorge, stay there overnight, and leave for Gavdos at 8.30 the next morning.

In my opinion, it would be nicer and more relaxing to change your date if you can, and stay in Agia Roumeli.

Edited: 07 May 2014, 22:49
Reply to: Can i take the ferry from Agia Roumeli to Gavdos?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gavdos