We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mariah Country Inn or Super 8?

California
1 post
Save Topic
Mariah Country Inn or Super 8?

Looking for last minute reservations and these are the only two available. Can't find much on Mariah Country Inn other than it has been recently renovated. Appreciate any input. Thanks

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,356 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mariah Country Inn or Super 8?

Well, a Super 8 is a Super 8 is a Super 8.

I have no direct experience, but Mariah Inn is listed in the No. Calif. AAA Tour Guide and given two diamonds. It is on Main Street.

Here is a quote from their ad in the tour Guide:

Newly renovated non-smoking rooms and suites

Hi-speed Internet access

Complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast

Free cable and HBO

In-Room Coffee Maker and Refrigerator

Free Local calls.

www.mariahcountryinn.com

I guess it would be MY choice.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,356 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mariah Country Inn or Super 8?

I just tried the website I gave you which was listed in the AAA Tour Guide and didn't find it useful. If you have time to sift through the "Country Inn" website and find Mariah.....good luck.

California
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Mariah Country Inn or Super 8?

We just returned from a weekend stay at the Mariah Country Inn. Now a Travelodge. It is very dated. All rooms look out onto a parking lot. Rooms were clean (except for a few spiders). Beds seemed new. Room had a fridge and a microwave and a TV w cable. It is probably the least attractive hotel in Fort Bragg (and there are a lot of junky looking places. Cars park about 2 feet from your front door, so when that guy with the diesel pickup leaves to go diving or fishing at 5 am you hear it big time. The place is right on the highway too, but did not hear any highway noise. Bathrooms are very dated, and fan did not work so bathroom stayed very humid even with window open. Opening window in bathroom presents a security risk as it is right at ground level.

I would not recommend anyone stay here unless it is the only thing you can find with availability. Go to the Quality Inn, or the Super 8 or the Ocean View Lodge. You might pay a bit more, but the added expenditure will be well worth it.

Fort Bragg has lots of places that are not in the yellow pages, so do some Google searching before you go. Try B & B's or even private residences.

Doyle, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mariah Country Inn or Super 8?

We stayed there and really liked it. It is only a couple blocks from Glass Beach, so the boys and I just walked there. We stayed in the 2 bedroom unit, this is great if you have a big family, and not too expensive.

5. Re: Mariah Country Inn or Super 8?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about Fort Bragg