We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

collecting glass in Fort Bragg

Which Fort Bragg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fresno, CA
1 post
Save Topic
collecting glass in Fort Bragg

my family and I are planning to take a trip to Fort Bragg. I am aware that collecting glass from Glass Beach is prohibited, but I am wondering if there are other beaches in the area that allow the collection of beach glass. Also, is there a ranger station on the site that collects fees for entrance, parking etc., are there parking meters, or is it just a parking lot for anyone to park in? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Fort Bragg...
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: collecting glass in Fort Bragg

There is no entrance fee or fee for parking. There is an area you can park in that is open to whomever.

As far as collecting glass, I can't say that it is OK, officially, on any of the beaches. There is more than the one main beach though. Do some exploring and you will find beaches that are just glass.

Enjoy!!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,888 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: collecting glass in Fort Bragg

Hi, where is this glass beach? Thanks.....

Fort Bragg...
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: collecting glass in Fort Bragg

Glass Beach is at the North end of Fort Bragg. Go to the last light on the North end of town (Denny's & bowling alley) and go West. Drive as far West as you can and park. Walk as far West as you can and explore... Have fun!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,888 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: collecting glass in Fort Bragg

Thank you ..... we may be getting down that way this spring, and it sounds like something interesting to check out!

missouri
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: collecting glass in Fort Bragg

I was born and raised in fort bragg,and although they tell you not to collect the glass from glass beach,they never know that you do.it is very easy to hide,and stick in your pockets or bag.they do not check,and there is no ranger there,its an open beach,people take the glass all the time.i actually have a friend that found an emerald from there,and i once found a shark tooth,and took it to find out that that's what it was,and never got into any trouble.there's no harm in taking a few keepsakes for the kids.

Doyle, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: collecting glass in Fort Bragg

Fort Bragg is a good place to take the family. We go every chance we get, and always have a good time. There are lots of things to do and see in the area. I dont think you'll be disappointed.

7. Re: collecting glass in Fort Bragg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Fort Bragg