We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

Which Fort Bragg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
356 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

Can someone please tell me which of these would be the best to stay in. We will only be there for one night in July.

ps - It will be our 11th anniversary

1) Ocean View Lodge

2) Weller House B&B

3) Surf And Sand Inn

Thanks

AZ
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

I was born and raised in Fort Bragg the best place to stay is the Weller House B&B in July.

PetALUMA, CA
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

PLEASE AVOID the Coast Motel in Fort Bragg, California.

The owner secretly billed us an extra 75 dollars after we left, then when I called him about it, he said we made the towels dirty and he had to throw them all out !!!

This is a Totally made up story, because the towels only had water on them.

PLEASE AVOID the Coast Motel in Fort Bragg, California.

Do not give him (the owner) your credit card numbers, or he will steal your money too. I called him and said I was going to tell the police on him, he said go ahead, he does not care.

Monte Rio, Calif.
Level Contributor
5 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

The Ocean View lodge was great. We have stayed at a lot of B&B's in Elk, and Mendocino. I saw this on the internet and my Husband and I just got back. We were there for three night's. It has a small balcony to sit out on to look at the ocean views which are spectacular. It has a jacuzzi in your room, fireplace, and we had a walk in shower too. It was beautiful, economical, (compared to the other places we had been), and is now our favorite. It was spotlessly clean, too. We love it there. We also had the best dinner at The Wharf in Noyo Harbour. Don't eat at Captain Flints, it was awful. Also, TW's Grille, in Ft. Bragg, on South Main had killer breakfast's. Especially the "Logger's". We will be back again. We were right on the beach and just in heaven.

California
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

My husband and I stayed at the Surf and Sand on our last visit. The view from the upper second stories are great. They have 4 or 5 condo type buildings with only one jacuzzi/fireplace room in each building. The jacuzzi is only a few steps from the bed which makes for nice ocen viewing from the tub but the one thing I did not like was the jacuzzi also doubles as the shower. We are visiting next month and staying at the Ocean View Lodge this time. Never been there but looking forward to it. Also, I second the Cliff House for dinner. It is a very romantic setting if you sit in the glass portion of the restaurant.

San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
251 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

I stayed at The Ocean View Lodge 2 weeks ago and The Surf and Sand last weekend. They are next to each other on the beach. The view is better from the 2nd storey rooms at either place. The rooms at The Ocean View are larger. Both are nice clean motels in a terrific location.The "fireplace" at The Surf and Sand is actually an electric heater with animated flames on a screen. The Ocean View is a bit more expensive. For what it is worth, on the first weekend in March of 2007, The Surf and Sand had vacancies on Saturday night; The Ocean View did not.

Redding ,Ca
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

Stay at tha North Cliff hotel. great views, jacuzzi, balcony. gas fireplace and daily breakfast tray with bottled juices and water.You won't regret it!! Close to everything. Don't miss the Cabrillo lighthouse and the glass beach

17. Re: Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 11:26
Get answers to your questions about Fort Bragg