We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Hotel in Fort Bragg? Suggestions?

Belmont, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Good Hotel in Fort Bragg? Suggestions?

I am travelling to Fort Bragg to see the Mendocino Garden and Skunk train. Are there any hotels better than the Holiday Inn Express? It is $182 a night with views and a free breakfast. No pets allowed. I am looking for a hotel that is good, clean, nice staff, and under $200 a night, and NO Pets Allowed. Thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Bragg
Fort Bragg
Mendocino County, CA
Mendocino
Mendocino
Mendocino County, CA
Skunk Train
Skunk Train
588 Reviews
Fort Bragg, CA
Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
425 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Hotel in Fort Bragg? Suggestions?

We stayed just to the north of town at the Surf And Sand Lodge http://www.surfsandlodge.com/index.html . Excellent rates and lovely beachfront location. I just checked the website and it says that there are "pet designated rooms" but, if I remember correctly, breakfast wasn't included.

Nearby you will also find the Ocean View Lodge and The Beachcomber.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,960 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Hotel in Fort Bragg? Suggestions?

I don't know the lodgings in Fort Bragg. I only know that we have had very good experiences with Holiday Inn Express. If you belong to the Priority Club you get points for other chains...Comfort Inn....etc. And their cooked breakfast isn't bad. They are rated higher than AAA than the Surf and Sand Lodge mentioned above. I would check on the respective locations, however.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Bragg
Fort Bragg
Mendocino County, CA
Belmont, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Hotel in Fort Bragg? Suggestions?

I'll take a look at the Surf and Sand Lodge, thanks for replying! If they're not vacant, I guess I'll just go to the Holiday Inn Express, a little pricey though.

Fort Bragg...
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Hotel in Fort Bragg? Suggestions?

There are so many great places in Fort Bragg. Certainly Surf n Sand is a great place. Beachcomber Motel next door is great too! There are a few B&Bs downtown as well. Harbor Lite Lodge and North Cliff Hotel are other great places. Check out www.visitmendocino.com for a full list or www.fortbragg.com.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Bragg
Fort Bragg
Mendocino County, CA
5. Re: Good Hotel in Fort Bragg? Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Fort Bragg