We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants to try in Fortuna

West Sacramento...
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants to try in Fortuna

I know the big run is coming on Mother's Day weekend, so there may be readers who are wondering where to eat in Fortuna. Here's my advice: if you like Mexican food, don't miss Las Casuelas. It is excellent! Living in the Sacramento area, we have lots of great choices, but my favorite Mexican restaurant is Las Cas in Fortuna. Everything is excellent-- tacos, burritos, chips and guacamole!

Also, try the Eel River Brewing Company. They serve great American Cuisine-- huge, scrumptious burgers, excellent fries, onion rings, etc. Prime Rib is served on certain days and has always been delectable. The pub has a great selection of award winning brew, too!

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants to try in Fortuna

Where can I find good pasta? As a rule, runners don't eat Mexican food within two days of the race, too many potential intestinal problems.

West Sacramento...
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants to try in Fortuna

Parlato's

320 Main Street

Fortuna CA 95540

725-1687

This restaurant has been there forever. It's the only Italian Restaurant in the area unless you go to Eureka. Good luck with your race...

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants to try in Fortuna

We will be in Fortuna on Thursday before the Sunday race. Do you think that would be time enough to get Saturday night reservations at the Italian restaurant?

Is Fortuna a good place to stay or would you recommend another city? I called the B&B's, local motel/hotels, to find that they have been booked for a year. That is why we decided to go with a chain and I selected Holiday Inn.

West Sacramento...
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants to try in Fortuna

Parlato's is easy to get reservations at, even at the last minute. Fortuna is a nice, quiet place to stay and Holiday Inn Express is good, so is Comfort Inn and Suites. My original post was quite awhile ago. Where is the race you are running? If it's the one in Garberville, stay in Fortuna because Garberville will be completely booked. Fortuna is about 20 minutes from Garberville, depending on how fast you drive.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants to try in Fortuna

I do not have a map yet. The race is down the "Avenue of the Giants" road. The marathon is 26 miles, I don't know how long the road is. I hope we are close.

I have read some bad reports about HI. It is said to be clean but in need of refurbishing and the bathrooms are subpar and so are the beds. I hope not as I really need a good bed the night before the race.

West Sacramento...
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants to try in Fortuna

Avenue of the Giants is the Garberville Race. HI is good. I haven't found the bathrooms to be subpar, but they are small. Comfort Inn and Suites is newer and has larger rooms. I have found the hotels will beat each others prices, so get the lowest online price and call to compare.

The Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn and Best Western are the only good options. There was a party at the Best Western once when we stayed there and they were not very responsive. They also accept pets so you'll hear dogs barking sometimes. They are all typically pretty quiet. I don't recommend Super 8. Travel Inn and 6 Rivers are disgusting.

Eureka/Fortuna/Hydes...
Level Contributor
277 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurants to try in Fortuna

Please read my post here about Las Casuelas. They are very rude, and very anti-Family. As someone who has live in the Fortuna area for 35 years, pass on LC. Just my $.02

Eureka/Fortuna/Hydes...
Level Contributor
277 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurants to try in Fortuna

Parlato's and Eel river brewery are both great, Just pass on Las cas!

9. Re: restaurants to try in Fortuna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Fortuna