We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel vs Sheraton Park

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
86 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel vs Sheraton Park

Hi, just wondering which is the better hotel to stay in. We are visiting Disneyland in May 2014 (my partner and me).

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,414 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel vs Sheraton Park

Welcome to forum posting karenko111,

As you can see the Garden Grove forum is not visited very often. I would suggest you repost this in the Anaheim forum where you will likely get more responses since these are usual Hotels to stay in when visiting Disneyland and Garden Grove area where one is located is close to Anaheim and Disneyland for part of that area.

As far as which Sheraton, they are both likely ok to stay at, but, we get alot more feedback from the Sheraton Park Hotel which is closest to Disneyland and about a 15 min walk to the Turnstiles that go into either Park. The Sheraton Park would also offer Disney view rooms since they are located across the street basically from the South side of Disneyland.

The Sheraton Garden Grove area would be farther from Disneyland and need shuttle service, although they both offer Shuttle service to and from Disneyland as far as Im aware. Keep in mind though if you look at the review here on Trip Advisor, the Sheraton Park Hotel gets much better reviews though it appears.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,005 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel vs Sheraton Park

All things being equal the Sheraton Park is probably the better location for visiting Disneyland since it is walkable, but the Sheraton Garden Grove, if it is significantly cheaper is fine. It is a good location for Aussies as it is close to Target and the Outlets at Orange so you can shop until your arms are too numb to carry any more bags :)

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel vs Sheraton Park

I live very close to the Garden Grove one, and what everyone says is correct. The Sheraton Garden Grove is really close to a target and down the street from an Outback, Red Robin, and Joe's Crab Shack. You are a little over a mile from the "Disney area." The Sheraton Park hotel is much closer to Disneyland and will give you more of that magical feel.

Level Contributor
35,969 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel vs Sheraton Park

We just stayed at The Sheraton Park for 2 nights. We had 2 adjoining rooms. We liked it better than The Marriott Fairfield Inn. The pool there was one of the nicest amenities and we enjoyed the spa each night. Rooms are basic, a bit sterile but suited our needs well. The staff was not that friendly during our stay. I'll post a full review next week. :).

5. Re: Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel vs Sheraton Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2016, 11:17
Get answers to your questions about Garden Grove