We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

History and Must Sees in Groveland

Which Groveland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oceanside, CA
8 posts
Save Topic
History and Must Sees in Groveland

Hello Locals! We are having a family reunion in March and staying in a home in Pine Mountain Lake. Since we are all arriving on different days, there will only be one full day that we will all be together so that is the day we will go to Yosemite. I would like to set up a game or something for teams to discover Groveland for something to do on one of the other days. Something like.."Find the Seven Wonders of Groveland." Does anyone have some either well known or little quirky things we should see in Groveland? I'm thinking something like..."Find the first building ever built in Groveland." Or.. "Find the famous statue of ....." Sorry, I've never been to Groveland and I thought if I went straight to the source, you all would be able to help! I think our group would have so much fun getting to know Groveland and its history.

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: History and Must Sees in Groveland

Thanks for the clarification HC. I guess they both can claim some of that longevity, however, being open continuously is a better claim in my opinion. I do remember the Magnolia was closed for a time in the 70's, and even more recently, but really not much has changed in the interior.

Not being much of a bar person, I have to admit I have never been in the Iron Door Saloon. I will have to stop in some day, and also try to find out some of the answers to your trivia questions.

Oceanside, CA
8 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: History and Must Sees in Groveland

That's funny CaSwede! I was just thinking that I can ask my teams to find out all the answers, but I'm going to need to know so I can judge the teams ;-) Heck... I don't want to judge! I want to go discover myself. My family reunion is at about 16 now so I think I will divide them in groups of 4 and send them out with the questions. I hope they have as much fun as I have had learning about Groveland from HC. Hey HC- is your restaurant open all day? I should make it so we all meet there for coffee and pie or something and discuss the answers. That way if there is a disagreement, we have an "official judge."

Saint Germain...
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: History and Must Sees in Groveland

Unkmesml,

If you still log into TA, won't you give us a recap of your scavenger hunt? I enjoyed meeting you and many of your group, how did the intro to Groveland go?

Oceanside, CA
8 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: History and Must Sees in Groveland

Lynn- We had the best time and we so enjoyed running around and finding all the answers to your "Discover Groveland" questions! I will definitely give you a great update this week and I hope others read this post. Groveland is so friendly and everyone was so excited to talk to us and answer our questions. It is a great little town. I really enjoyed meeting you and some of your staff! Thank you again so much!! Sheri

15. Re: History and Must Sees in Groveland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 13:17