We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Nights in Healdsburg and 2 Nights in St. Helena HELP PLS!

Which Healdsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
336 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
2 Nights in Healdsburg and 2 Nights in St. Helena HELP PLS!

We are wanting to stay in Healdsburg 2 nights and are having difficult understanding the "region" so as to know where to stay. The main hotel there is too much money and we don't prefer b&b's. So should we look in Santa Rosa? Kenwood? etc... We want to visit La Crema, Ferrari Carano and Bella Vineyards Wine Caves for sure. Then In St. Helena (we normally go there) we have stayed anywhere from the El Bonita to the Auberge de soleil. FUNNY I know! Is there a good $200 a night place there? or am I dreaming? We are going Jan 28-Feb 1st. Any help would be SO APPRECIATED...We are taking my in laws as an anniversary gift. :)

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Nights in Healdsburg and 2 Nights in St. Helena HELP PLS!

The Dry Creek Inn may meet your needs. It's about a mile from downtown Healdsburg but the newer Tuscan rooms (don't go for the others) are very nice: http://www.drycreekinn.com/

We stayed a couple of nights about a year ago. Nice room, fireplace and patio/balcony and breakfast. We paid about $135 but it was the middle of January.

Level Contributor
34,226 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Nights in Healdsburg and 2 Nights in St. Helena HELP PLS!

The Hotel La Rose in Santa Rosa is in your price range, Matanzas Creek is a very nice place to wine taste in this area. You could check the rates at the Inn @ the Plaza, across from the Hotel Healdsburg, we stayed there last March and enjoyed our stay there very much. Have fun! :)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
336 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Nights in Healdsburg and 2 Nights in St. Helena HELP PLS!

Hi. First thank you for your input. :) I've never been to this region/area. Is Healdsburg or the wineries I mentioned above very far? I know the actual driving time can be deceiving by looking at mileage on the map due to one lane streets, roads, etc... I looked at your hotel recommendation and it is a great price. I also looked at the other recommendation in Healdsburg at Dry Creek inn. They're the same $. Would you lean towards staying in one county over the other? THANKS!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Nights in Healdsburg and 2 Nights in St. Helena HELP PLS!

Santa Rosa is a large town with a suburban sprawl feel. The highway around Santa Rosa can be a pain. Healdsburg is a small, charming village with more rural area around it and more wineries close by.

I'd take Healdsburg.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
336 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Nights in Healdsburg and 2 Nights in St. Helena HELP PLS!

Thank you. I was leaning that direction...I just called a few places directly. I have two more options: Healdsburg Inn or Bella Villa Messina? Any input on these two? I did read reviews. The price is the same...

Healdsburg, CA
Level Contributor
476 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 Nights in Healdsburg and 2 Nights in St. Helena HELP PLS!

Since you say you're not too into B&B's, you would probably like the feel of the Healdsburg Inn more. Very nice rooms, nice breakfast, and right on the plaza. At Bella Messina, which is beautiful, it is more like you are in their home, like a typical b&b, so that may not be what you are looking for.

Innkeeper Mandie

Honor Mansion

7. Re: 2 Nights in Healdsburg and 2 Nights in St. Helena HELP PLS!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2010, 05:17