We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Calistoga from Healdsburg?

Apollo Beach...
Level Contributor
50 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
How far is Calistoga from Healdsburg?

We are staying in Healdsburg in August. My son really wants to see Chateau Montleone in Calistoga. I know there is a mountain range of sorts between Napa and Sonoma.

How long would it take us to drive between Healdsburg and Calistoga?

Also - is there a winery tour around Healdsburg that will take you into the caves or out onto the lands? I want to do more than just go to the tasting room. We are doing private tastings at Jordan and Ferrari Carano, and want to do an "outdoor" tour also.

Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is Calistoga from Healdsburg?

Calistoga to Healdsburg on 128 takes about 35-40 minutes.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is Calistoga from Healdsburg?

You might be interested in taking a “vineyard walk” tour which includes wineries like Alexander Valley Vineyards, Michel-Sclumberger, Quivira and Mauritson. See: www.sonomavineyardwalks.com/oneday.htm Quivira offers a great garden tour: www.quivirawine.com/index.php…

Edited: 12 July 2010, 05:02
Apollo Beach...
Level Contributor
50 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is Calistoga from Healdsburg?

Thanks everyone. I did not know these walking tours existed. I'll definitely look into.

Thx,

Mary

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is Calistoga from Healdsburg?

We did the tour at Michel-Schlumberger, which did take you out into the vineyard for a bit - I really liked that. (Wear decent shoes for climbing dirt hills). No caves, but they did have their own bottling facility, which we didn't see anywhere else.

Edited: 12 July 2010, 19:13
5. Re: How far is Calistoga from Healdsburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2011, 07:16