We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day visit to Healdsburg on a budget

Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
One day visit to Healdsburg on a budget

My wife and I have visited the Napa Valley infrequently for the last 29 yrs. Usually one day visits coincidental with business in Sacramento.

Saturday, Sept 25, we will again visit and explore. Friends who have never been to "wine country" will accompany us. They are VERY cost sensitive. We would normally visit 1 or 2 wineries on 29 in Rutherford and St Helena then explore the Silverado Trail for newer, smaller or unique tastings.

Alas the costs associated with our "usual" visit are prohibitive for our friends. Plus my wife and I have always wanted to explore Sonoma County's wine regions.

The availability of info is overwhelming! We plan to drive thru Napa Valley ( so our friends can say "they've been there") and come over to Healdsburg on 128.

Could someone please post a basic list of nice tasting rooms, co-located at the winery, which offer FREE tastings? For our friends first visit to wine country we'd love to avoid the "store front" downtown atmosphere.

Edited: 10 September 2010, 17:31
Healdsburg, CA
Level Contributor
476 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day visit to Healdsburg on a budget

www.wineroad.com has an application that lets you search for tasting rooms with no fee. Also, Napa wineries are also much more expensive than Sonoma; not as many here have tasting fees, and they are usually lower, $5-$10, and if you buy wine, the tasting fee is applied to the purchase.

Have fun!

Innkeeper Mandie

Honor Mansion

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day visit to Healdsburg on a budget

Free tastings if you have a VISA Signature Card, see …visa.com/personal/…

3. Re: One day visit to Healdsburg on a budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2011, 05:17